Missing witness in Sanjiv Bhatt case found
Ahmedabad: A missing key witness in the
Sanjiv Bhatt case was on Saturday found at Balasinor in Gujarat`s
Sabarkantha district, police said.
"Shreanik Shah, a witness in Bhatt case who had gone
missing since Tuesday was found at Balasinor in Sabarkantha
district today," police inspector SB Trivedi told agency.
"Shah told us that he was kidnapped by six persons from
near his house in connection with a land deal that he was
brokering. They took him to Balasinor and robbed him of
valuables and beat him before leaving him," he said.
According to Trivedi, Shah telephoned his brother from
Balasinore who then brought him back to Ahmedabad.
"We have recorded Shah`s statement and are probing the
matter," he said.
A complaint was lodged by Shah`s family on Wednesday
night after he had gone missing.
Shah was present with constable K D Pant when Bhatt had
allegedly threatened Pant and forced him to sign false
affidavit as per Pant`s FIR, based on which Bhatt was arrested
last month and later released on bail.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?