Mixed response to trade unions strike in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: The nation-wide strike called by
trade unions received a mixed response here with banking and
insurance sectors functioning at half its strength while
transportation remaining unaffected.
According to a State Bank of India spokesperson, all the
clerical staff and non-supervisory staff were on strike, while
all officers were on duty.
Due to the strike, banking operations have been affected
across the state and the city, as branches were open but there
was nobody to conduct the transactions.
All central government offices saw partial attendance
with most of the clerical and lower level staff not turning
up. However, top officials remained present in offices.
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) run buses
were operating as per schedule. However, their frequency were
reduced in anticipation of violence.
There were protest marches and demonstrations at the
Labour Commissioners office in Lal Darwaja area by members of
the over 22 trade unions in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah