Mixed response to trade unions strike in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: The nation-wide strike called by
trade unions received a mixed response here with banking and
insurance sectors functioning at half its strength while
transportation remaining unaffected.
According to a State Bank of India spokesperson, all the
clerical staff and non-supervisory staff were on strike, while
all officers were on duty.
Due to the strike, banking operations have been affected
across the state and the city, as branches were open but there
was nobody to conduct the transactions.
All central government offices saw partial attendance
with most of the clerical and lower level staff not turning
up. However, top officials remained present in offices.
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) run buses
were operating as per schedule. However, their frequency were
reduced in anticipation of violence.
There were protest marches and demonstrations at the
Labour Commissioners office in Lal Darwaja area by members of
the over 22 trade unions in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling