Mixed response to trade unions strike in Gujarat
Ahmedabad: The nation-wide strike called by
trade unions received a mixed response here with banking and
insurance sectors functioning at half its strength while
transportation remaining unaffected.
According to a State Bank of India spokesperson, all the
clerical staff and non-supervisory staff were on strike, while
all officers were on duty.
Due to the strike, banking operations have been affected
across the state and the city, as branches were open but there
was nobody to conduct the transactions.
All central government offices saw partial attendance
with most of the clerical and lower level staff not turning
up. However, top officials remained present in offices.
The Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation (AMC) run buses
were operating as per schedule. However, their frequency were
reduced in anticipation of violence.
There were protest marches and demonstrations at the
Labour Commissioners office in Lal Darwaja area by members of
the over 22 trade unions in the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon