Model code violation case against Modi, Ananth Kumar
Bettiha: A case was registered
against Bihar Deputy Chief Minister S K Modi, BJP general
secretary Ananth Kumar and state minister Renu Devi charging
them with violating the model code of conduct for election in
Bihar`s West Champaran district.
The case was lodged by Executive Magistrate Ram Dayal
Singh against them with town police station here, official
Modi, accompanied by Kumar and BJP nominee and state
minister Renu Devi addressed a press conference after holding
a road show in the town, sources said.
They addressed the press from the dais which was alloted
to their senior party leader L K Advani who had earlier this
afternoon addressed the election meeting, they said.
Since the trio held the press conference which was not
allotted by the authorities and even beyond expiry of the time
lot allotted for their campaign, it was construed as a
violation of the model code, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof