Moderate tremor in Gujarat’s Junagadh
Junagadh: A tremor measuring 3.9 on the
Richter scale hit the Junagadh district on Saturday, Institute
of Seismological Research (ISR) officials said.
The epicentre of the earthquake -- recorded at around
12.31 pm -- was 20 km north-east of Talala town in the
An earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale had hit
Junagadh district on October 20. A dozen people were injured
and some houses in the rural area were damaged.
Aftershocks, following the October 20 temblor, are felt
frequently in the area 15-20 km off Talala, as there is an
active faultline, district officials said.
No reports of casualties or property damage have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional