Moderate tremor in Gujarat’s Junagadh
Junagadh: A tremor measuring 3.9 on the
Richter scale hit the Junagadh district on Saturday, Institute
of Seismological Research (ISR) officials said.
The epicentre of the earthquake -- recorded at around
12.31 pm -- was 20 km north-east of Talala town in the
An earthquake measuring 5.3 on the Richter scale had hit
Junagadh district on October 20. A dozen people were injured
and some houses in the rural area were damaged.
Aftershocks, following the October 20 temblor, are felt
frequently in the area 15-20 km off Talala, as there is an
active faultline, district officials said.
No reports of casualties or property damage have been
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- MCA lifts ban on Shah Rukh Khan from visting Wankhede staduim
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- 2nd T20: Shahid Afridi, Anwar Ali help Pakistan win thriller against Sri Lanka
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr