Modhvadia takes charge as Gujarat Congress president
Ahmedabad: Newly-appointed Gujarat Congress
president Arjun Modhvadia on Sunday said his priority would be to
strengthen the party and take its reach to the grassroots.
"The party has bestowed a big responsibility on me and I
would sincerely work to fulfil its requirements," Modhvadia
told reporters after taking charge as the President of the
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) today.
"The people of the state, the youth and those at the
grassroots level are fed up with the BJP government here. We
need to work toward strengthening the party in the state and
extend its reach to the grassroots level," the MLA from
Modhvadia said his party would put up a challenge to the
ruling BJP which he described as "fascist" outfit with
He replaced Siddharth Patel, who had resigned last
October, but was holding the post in the interim. Modhvadia`s
appointment was announced by Congress President Sonia Gandhi
Modhvadia comes from the Mer community of farmers in
Saurashtra which falls in Other Backward Classes category.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory