Modhvadia takes charge as Gujarat Congress president
Ahmedabad: Newly-appointed Gujarat Congress
president Arjun Modhvadia on Sunday said his priority would be to
strengthen the party and take its reach to the grassroots.
"The party has bestowed a big responsibility on me and I
would sincerely work to fulfil its requirements," Modhvadia
told reporters after taking charge as the President of the
Gujarat Pradesh Congress Committee (GPCC) today.
"The people of the state, the youth and those at the
grassroots level are fed up with the BJP government here. We
need to work toward strengthening the party in the state and
extend its reach to the grassroots level," the MLA from
Modhvadia said his party would put up a challenge to the
ruling BJP which he described as "fascist" outfit with
He replaced Siddharth Patel, who had resigned last
October, but was holding the post in the interim. Modhvadia`s
appointment was announced by Congress President Sonia Gandhi
Modhvadia comes from the Mer community of farmers in
Saurashtra which falls in Other Backward Classes category.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Make your smoothie a successful summer diet with these magical ingredients!
- Delhi govt introduces 'Change-makers in education' fellowship
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'