Modhvadia`s RTI query on SIT head pending with CIC
Ahmedabad: Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia on Thursday said that his application under Right to Information seeking details of pay and other benefits obtained by RK Raghavan -- who headed the SIT probing 2002 Gujarat riots -- was pending with the state`s Chief Information Commissioner for four months.
"I have asked for information regarding the total expenses incurred by the state government on the SIT chairman. I have also asked for travel details of the chairman and whether all his trips were paid by the state government," Modhvadia said.
"The state Home Department rejected my plea...After which I approached the CIC, D Rajagopalan, on January 16 this year, but I am yet to receive any information," Modhvadia said.
However, the CIC said in a statement that Modhvadia`s petition was "in process" and will come up for hearing at an appropriate time.
The SIT`s final report, submitted recently, gives a favourable finding for Modi government. There have been allegations that Raghavan`s foreign trips were financed by the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list