Modhvadia`s RTI query on SIT head pending with CIC
Ahmedabad: Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia on Thursday said that his application under Right to Information seeking details of pay and other benefits obtained by RK Raghavan -- who headed the SIT probing 2002 Gujarat riots -- was pending with the state`s Chief Information Commissioner for four months.
"I have asked for information regarding the total expenses incurred by the state government on the SIT chairman. I have also asked for travel details of the chairman and whether all his trips were paid by the state government," Modhvadia said.
"The state Home Department rejected my plea...After which I approached the CIC, D Rajagopalan, on January 16 this year, but I am yet to receive any information," Modhvadia said.
However, the CIC said in a statement that Modhvadia`s petition was "in process" and will come up for hearing at an appropriate time.
The SIT`s final report, submitted recently, gives a favourable finding for Modi government. There have been allegations that Raghavan`s foreign trips were financed by the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port