Modhvadia`s RTI query on SIT head pending with CIC
Ahmedabad: Congress leader Arjun Modhvadia on Thursday said that his application under Right to Information seeking details of pay and other benefits obtained by RK Raghavan -- who headed the SIT probing 2002 Gujarat riots -- was pending with the state`s Chief Information Commissioner for four months.
"I have asked for information regarding the total expenses incurred by the state government on the SIT chairman. I have also asked for travel details of the chairman and whether all his trips were paid by the state government," Modhvadia said.
"The state Home Department rejected my plea...After which I approached the CIC, D Rajagopalan, on January 16 this year, but I am yet to receive any information," Modhvadia said.
However, the CIC said in a statement that Modhvadia`s petition was "in process" and will come up for hearing at an appropriate time.
The SIT`s final report, submitted recently, gives a favourable finding for Modi government. There have been allegations that Raghavan`s foreign trips were financed by the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt