Modi, Advani can never become PM: Ramvilas
Somnath: Terming Narendra Modi`s fast a political gimmick and drama, LJP chief Ramvilas Paswan on Sunday said people like the Gujarat Chief Minister and LK Advani, who are accused of communalism, would never become the prime minister of this country.
"People like Modi are indulging in dirty politics by holding these fasts. He has spent Rs 50-100 crore. He and LK Advani who are accused of Communalism would never become prime minister in this country. These people have no regard for millions of Indians who have to go on compulsory fast as they don`t get anything to eat," Paswan said here.
He was addressing LJP`s three-day cadre training session here on its final day, during which the party discussed its future strategy and agenda.
Targeting Modi, Paswan said the Gujarat Chief Minister is aiming to become prime minister and trying to project a secular image by holding such "political dramas".
"Atal Bihari Vajpayee was the only exception as he was known as a secular leader and respected for his views. Modi and Advani are accused of riots and targeting a particular community, they would never be able to fool the people of this country," he said.
Earlier at the training session, Paswan said LJP will be contesting elections in Gujarat and Uttar Pradesh and will work to strengthen its cadre in the two states.
Announcing that the party will enter the poll fray in the two states, he said, "Working for the poor and downtrodden while assuring social justice for all sections of society has been our old policy."
The three day-long cadre training session was attended by around 700 party workers who arrived from different states including Bihar, Maharashtra, Haryana, Jharkhand, Madhya Pradesh and Chhattisgarh.
Social activist Medha Patkar also attended the session and spoke on issues like grabbing of land occupied by poor people in states like Gujarat, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections 2017: Samajwadi Party's 'kaam bolta hai' slogan faces litmus test