Modi aide Amit Shah gets BJP ticket from Naranpura
Ahmedabad: BJP high command on Wednesday decided to field Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s close aide and the state’s former home minister, Amit Shah, from the Naranpura assembly constituency.
According to reports, the decision in this regard was taken during the meeting of the party’s parliamentary board today.
Shah, who is accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and out on bail, is confident of winning this time also.
Shah last time won from Sarkhej Assembly seat with the margin of over 2.50 lakh votes. After the delimitation, it has been divided into three constituencies- Vejalpur, Ghatlodia and Naranpura.
However, Shah is confident of winning from any of these with comfortable margins.
Shah, a close aide of Modi, had returned to Gujarat in September after a gap of two years, following the Supreme Court order allowing him to enter the state.
The apex court passed its order rejecting the CBI plea to cancel the bail granted to him in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.
Since his return to Ahmedabad, Shah had been keeping a low profile and stayed away from public functions as well as media.
The CBI has, in its chargesheet, named Shah as the kingpin in Tulsi Prajapati encounter case. Acting on a petition filed by Shah, the Supreme Court had stayed all the proceedings in the Prajapati case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report