Modi aide Amit Shah gets BJP ticket from Naranpura
Ahmedabad: BJP high command on Wednesday decided to field Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s close aide and the state’s former home minister, Amit Shah, from the Naranpura assembly constituency.
According to reports, the decision in this regard was taken during the meeting of the party’s parliamentary board today.
Shah, who is accused in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh fake encounter case and out on bail, is confident of winning this time also.
Shah last time won from Sarkhej Assembly seat with the margin of over 2.50 lakh votes. After the delimitation, it has been divided into three constituencies- Vejalpur, Ghatlodia and Naranpura.
However, Shah is confident of winning from any of these with comfortable margins.
Shah, a close aide of Modi, had returned to Gujarat in September after a gap of two years, following the Supreme Court order allowing him to enter the state.
The apex court passed its order rejecting the CBI plea to cancel the bail granted to him in the Sohrabuddin Sheikh encounter case.
Since his return to Ahmedabad, Shah had been keeping a low profile and stayed away from public functions as well as media.
The CBI has, in its chargesheet, named Shah as the kingpin in Tulsi Prajapati encounter case. Acting on a petition filed by Shah, the Supreme Court had stayed all the proceedings in the Prajapati case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers