Modi already a national figure: BJP
Ahmedabad: With Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s fast being seen by many as a sign of his desire to play a bigger role, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday said Modi is already a national figure.
"He is a national figure. Let us not forget, he is a successful Chief Minister. At the same time, he is the demand of people from all over the country," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
"I think he is on the national seat...(He is) dedicated to work on a mission to develop Gujarat, because that is the mandate today... if he gets a different mandate, he will prove himself then too," Javadekar told a provate TV channel.
He said Gujarat was the real example of `sadbhavana` or amity.
"The real sadbhavana is equal growth, equal opportunity for all sections," he said.
Narendra Modi began his three-day fast on Saturday by heaping praises on the state for its inclusive growth and communal harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Narendra Modi and Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum