Modi already a national figure: BJP
Ahmedabad: With Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s fast being seen by many as a sign of his desire to play a bigger role, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday said Modi is already a national figure.
"He is a national figure. Let us not forget, he is a successful Chief Minister. At the same time, he is the demand of people from all over the country," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
"I think he is on the national seat...(He is) dedicated to work on a mission to develop Gujarat, because that is the mandate today... if he gets a different mandate, he will prove himself then too," Javadekar told a provate TV channel.
He said Gujarat was the real example of `sadbhavana` or amity.
"The real sadbhavana is equal growth, equal opportunity for all sections," he said.
Narendra Modi began his three-day fast on Saturday by heaping praises on the state for its inclusive growth and communal harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened