Modi already a national figure: BJP
Ahmedabad: With Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s fast being seen by many as a sign of his desire to play a bigger role, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Sunday said Modi is already a national figure.
"He is a national figure. Let us not forget, he is a successful Chief Minister. At the same time, he is the demand of people from all over the country," BJP spokesperson Prakash Javadekar said.
"I think he is on the national seat...(He is) dedicated to work on a mission to develop Gujarat, because that is the mandate today... if he gets a different mandate, he will prove himself then too," Javadekar told a provate TV channel.
He said Gujarat was the real example of `sadbhavana` or amity.
"The real sadbhavana is equal growth, equal opportunity for all sections," he said.
Narendra Modi began his three-day fast on Saturday by heaping praises on the state for its inclusive growth and communal harmony.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America