Modi app mandatory for Gujarat`s BJP MLAs
Ahmedabad: It is now mandatory for BJP MLAs of Gujarat, including ministers and other top leaders of the party, to have the mobile application (mobile app) of Chief Minister Narendra Modi installed in their smart phones. The leaders of the party have to download it in their cell phones and remain up-to-date with information about the CM uploaded on hourly basis.
The MLAs who attended a three-day workshop being held for them at SGVP, Chharodi, were surprised when they were asked by the state BJP’s IT team whether they had downloaded the Modi app in their mobile phones.
Members of the IT team downloaded the app in the cell phones of around 50 BJP MLAs who hadn’t downloaded it yet and also taught them to how to operate it so they could remain up-to-date about Modi’s activities.
“All 113 MLA of the state BJP are in the city to attend the workshop. The party has specially arranged an information technology (IT) desk at the venue. All MLA have to fill up a form giving details about their e-mail address and accounts on prominent social media sites like Facebook and Twitter,” said a source.
Sources said that members of the IT team opened accounts on the spot for those who did not have it. “They too were asked to install the Narendra Modi app in their smart phones. More than 50 MLAs did not have the application,” another source said.
Apart from Gujarat-based BJP leaders working at the organisation level, leaders from outside Gujarat were also called for various training sessions.
Vinay Sahasrabuddhe, the director-general of Rambhau Mhalgi Prabodhini (an institute for training BJP cadre and members of the BJP executive), also attended sessions at the training camp.
Many first-time MLAs claimed that the training camp had helped them understand the ‘dynamics of the party’ in a better way.
Modi also conducted a one-and-half-hour interactive session with the MLAs at the SGVP workshop. The chief minister usually tries to boost the morale of party workers through his speeches but this time he was different. A BJP MLA said that Modi did not give any speech.
“He held an interactive session with the MLAs, many of whom were new faces. He replied to questions regarding time management and qualities of a politician,`` the MLA said.
Modi was accompanied by state BJP chief RC Faldu and party’s national vice-president Purushottam Rupala. He came to the venue at around 3.30 pm and stayed there till 5 in the evening.
Niyati Rana/ DNA
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof