Modi asks Guj industry to adopt `zero-defect` mantra
Surat: Claiming that Gujarat is now leading the country in the manufacturing sector, Chief Minister Narendra Modi today asked the industry to adopt a `zero-defect` model while producing goods.
"For our manufacturing sector to shine it needs to adopt a `zero-defect mantra`. None of our products must be rejected. Give importance to packaging and branding," Modi told the industry representatives here.
"There should be no corner of the world where people are not drawn towards buying products made here and I can tell you it is possible," he added.
Modi was addressing the inaugural session of `Sparkle International 2013`, a gems and jewellery exhibition organised jointly by the Gujarat government and the South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry here today. The exhibition is a precursor to the upcoming `Vibrant Gujarat Global Investment Summit- 2013`.
"Gujarat is now known for its manufacturing sector, instead of just being known only for business and trading earlier," Modi claimed.
Modi claimed that "Small-scale industry growth in the nation is 19-20 per cent, whereas Gujarat is witnessing 85 per cent growth in the sector."
"However, anti-Gujarat elements have created a perception of only a certain kind of industrial growth taking place in the state, but it is not true," he said.
Speaking about the potential in the jewellery sector, Modi said, "Jewellery itself has a big market in the world. This is going on for years. And we need not tell people about why to wear it, it`s only a question of saying what to wear."
The Chief Minister said that the jewellery market in Gujarat has a potential to grow to Rs 5,500 crore from the present Rs 2,700 crore. "If such a big market is waiting for us, why can`t we be aggressive? Why can`t we strengthen it?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon