Modi asks Guj industry to adopt `zero-defect` mantra
Surat: Claiming that Gujarat is now leading the country in the manufacturing sector, Chief Minister Narendra Modi today asked the industry to adopt a `zero-defect` model while producing goods.
"For our manufacturing sector to shine it needs to adopt a `zero-defect mantra`. None of our products must be rejected. Give importance to packaging and branding," Modi told the industry representatives here.
"There should be no corner of the world where people are not drawn towards buying products made here and I can tell you it is possible," he added.
Modi was addressing the inaugural session of `Sparkle International 2013`, a gems and jewellery exhibition organised jointly by the Gujarat government and the South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry here today. The exhibition is a precursor to the upcoming `Vibrant Gujarat Global Investment Summit- 2013`.
"Gujarat is now known for its manufacturing sector, instead of just being known only for business and trading earlier," Modi claimed.
Modi claimed that "Small-scale industry growth in the nation is 19-20 per cent, whereas Gujarat is witnessing 85 per cent growth in the sector."
"However, anti-Gujarat elements have created a perception of only a certain kind of industrial growth taking place in the state, but it is not true," he said.
Speaking about the potential in the jewellery sector, Modi said, "Jewellery itself has a big market in the world. This is going on for years. And we need not tell people about why to wear it, it`s only a question of saying what to wear."
The Chief Minister said that the jewellery market in Gujarat has a potential to grow to Rs 5,500 crore from the present Rs 2,700 crore. "If such a big market is waiting for us, why can`t we be aggressive? Why can`t we strengthen it?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Procedural delay and not failure, says MEA on India's NSG membership issue
- Keith Urban celebrates 10th anniversary with Nicole Kidman
- An award must go to Fawad Khan for his hilarious expression while hugging Deepika Padukone!
- Greg Chappell strikes! Former coach claims team took short-cuts, key players selfish
- Make-up earns men's admiration, women's jealousy