Modi asks Guj industry to adopt `zero-defect` mantra
Surat: Claiming that Gujarat is now leading the country in the manufacturing sector, Chief Minister Narendra Modi today asked the industry to adopt a `zero-defect` model while producing goods.
"For our manufacturing sector to shine it needs to adopt a `zero-defect mantra`. None of our products must be rejected. Give importance to packaging and branding," Modi told the industry representatives here.
"There should be no corner of the world where people are not drawn towards buying products made here and I can tell you it is possible," he added.
Modi was addressing the inaugural session of `Sparkle International 2013`, a gems and jewellery exhibition organised jointly by the Gujarat government and the South Gujarat Chamber of Commerce and Industry here today. The exhibition is a precursor to the upcoming `Vibrant Gujarat Global Investment Summit- 2013`.
"Gujarat is now known for its manufacturing sector, instead of just being known only for business and trading earlier," Modi claimed.
Modi claimed that "Small-scale industry growth in the nation is 19-20 per cent, whereas Gujarat is witnessing 85 per cent growth in the sector."
"However, anti-Gujarat elements have created a perception of only a certain kind of industrial growth taking place in the state, but it is not true," he said.
Speaking about the potential in the jewellery sector, Modi said, "Jewellery itself has a big market in the world. This is going on for years. And we need not tell people about why to wear it, it`s only a question of saying what to wear."
The Chief Minister said that the jewellery market in Gujarat has a potential to grow to Rs 5,500 crore from the present Rs 2,700 crore. "If such a big market is waiting for us, why can`t we be aggressive? Why can`t we strengthen it?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video