Modi attacking CBI out of fear over fake encounter cases: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Wednesday said BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was steeping up attacks on the CBI as he was wary of facing the truth about his involvement in fake encounters in Gujarat.
"Modi is neck deep (involved) in the fake encounter cases in Gujarat... Why he is so afraid of the CBI... Actually he is feeling guilty, so attacking the CBI and getting senior BJP leaders to write to the Prime Minister (over its alleged misuse)," AICC general secretary Madhusudan Mistry said here.
The CBI is working on the directives of the Supreme Court and the high court. If Modi has anything to say he should show the courage to speak about the court, Mistry said.
On September 27, BJP leader Arun Jaitley had written to the Prime Minister charging Congress with "using" the CBI to target Modi and his close aide Amit Shah.
Criticising the UP government for its inability to implement the food scheme in the state before July 2014, Mistry said, "This has been done to prevent the Congress-led central government from getting credit for the scheme."
UPCC president Nirmal Khatri said the party would hold rallies across the state to reach out to people with its key legislations.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would address rallies in Rampur and Aligarh on October 9 and in Hamirpur and Salempur on October 22 , Khatri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends