Modi attacking CBI out of fear over fake encounter cases: Congress
Lucknow: Congress on Wednesday said BJP prime ministerial candidate Narendra Modi was steeping up attacks on the CBI as he was wary of facing the truth about his involvement in fake encounters in Gujarat.
"Modi is neck deep (involved) in the fake encounter cases in Gujarat... Why he is so afraid of the CBI... Actually he is feeling guilty, so attacking the CBI and getting senior BJP leaders to write to the Prime Minister (over its alleged misuse)," AICC general secretary Madhusudan Mistry said here.
The CBI is working on the directives of the Supreme Court and the high court. If Modi has anything to say he should show the courage to speak about the court, Mistry said.
On September 27, BJP leader Arun Jaitley had written to the Prime Minister charging Congress with "using" the CBI to target Modi and his close aide Amit Shah.
Criticising the UP government for its inability to implement the food scheme in the state before July 2014, Mistry said, "This has been done to prevent the Congress-led central government from getting credit for the scheme."
UPCC president Nirmal Khatri said the party would hold rallies across the state to reach out to people with its key legislations.
Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi would address rallies in Rampur and Aligarh on October 9 and in Hamirpur and Salempur on October 22 , Khatri said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon