Modi attends prayer meet at Gandhi`s birth place
Rajkot: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi
today attended prayers at Kirti Mandir, the birth place of
Mahatma Gandhi in Porbander.
Modi who arrived in Porbander today took part in "all-
religion prayer meet" held at Kirti Mandir and also dedicated
"Gandhi Smruti Bhavan" at Chowpatty ground.
"Gujarat is very proud of its great son Mahatma Gandhi,
who changed the World he lived in. Wish you a very happy
Gandhi Jayanti," Modi twitted on the micro-blogging site.
"Today is the birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastriji
too, who followed Bapu`s ideals and became an inspiration of
morals and values in public life," he said.
Modi also called on the people to buy Khadi and help
bring light to the poor in this festive season.
"Come, let`s buy Khadi for self and family to lit the
diyas of Diwali in homes of `Daridra Narayan`, the poor
weavers," he further twitted.
Quoting Mahatma Gandhi he said that khadi is one of the
best means for economic empowerment of the poor weavers and
buying at least one set of khadi dress could be the biggest
tribute to Mahatma Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa