Modi attends prayer meet at Gandhi`s birth place
Rajkot: Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi
today attended prayers at Kirti Mandir, the birth place of
Mahatma Gandhi in Porbander.
Modi who arrived in Porbander today took part in "all-
religion prayer meet" held at Kirti Mandir and also dedicated
"Gandhi Smruti Bhavan" at Chowpatty ground.
"Gujarat is very proud of its great son Mahatma Gandhi,
who changed the World he lived in. Wish you a very happy
Gandhi Jayanti," Modi twitted on the micro-blogging site.
"Today is the birth anniversary of Lal Bahadur Shastriji
too, who followed Bapu`s ideals and became an inspiration of
morals and values in public life," he said.
Modi also called on the people to buy Khadi and help
bring light to the poor in this festive season.
"Come, let`s buy Khadi for self and family to lit the
diyas of Diwali in homes of `Daridra Narayan`, the poor
weavers," he further twitted.
Quoting Mahatma Gandhi he said that khadi is one of the
best means for economic empowerment of the poor weavers and
buying at least one set of khadi dress could be the biggest
tribute to Mahatma Gandhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Monsoon's after-effects troubling everyday lives in cities
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak
- Varun-Shraddha's `ABCD2` holds a firm grip at Box Office!
- School director beaten to death after two students found dead in Bihar