`Modi brought Nano to Gujarat for self-propaganda`
Rajkot (Guj): Describing Narendra Modi as `propaganda-hungry`, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel Monday alleged that the Chief Minister observed `Sadabhavna` fasts across the state and also wooed the Tatas to set up Nano project in Gujarat only to boost his image.
"Modi has spent around Rs 160 crore for observing fasts in various districts in the state. Fast is considered as penance in every community but the Gujarat Chief Minister has made a cruel joke of it by wasting people`s money for self-propaganda. He has misguided the people of Gujarat with his false claims," Patel told reporters here.
The GPP chief also alleged that decks were cleared for the Nano project with ready land at Sanand near Ahmedabad only for promoting his cause, ignoring the local industry.
"The Modi government has not provided any aid to local industry but extended benefits to the tune of Rs 3,300 crore to the Tata company for bringing the Nano car project to Gujarat only for his propaganda," he said.
Flaying Modi for favouring a section of industrialists in the state, Patel said, "In Modi`s rule, the money has become centralised and only few industrialists are getting all the benefits but GPP does not believe in this and will work to boost local industry if voted to power."
The former Chief Minister also held Modi responsible for farmer suicides in Saurashtra region and said that ruling BJP`s faulty policies have led to distress in the state.
"When I was the CM, 1569.50 crore units of electricity was given for agriculture purposes but this supply has been shortened by Modi government to 1328.50 crore units," he said.
He said that his party`s mantra is "Har khet ko pani, har hath ko kam and har ghar me bijli" (water to every field, work for every hand and power supply to every house).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list