`Modi brought Nano to Gujarat for self-propaganda`
Rajkot (Guj): Describing Narendra Modi as `propaganda-hungry`, Gujarat Parivartan Party president Keshubhai Patel Monday alleged that the Chief Minister observed `Sadabhavna` fasts across the state and also wooed the Tatas to set up Nano project in Gujarat only to boost his image.
"Modi has spent around Rs 160 crore for observing fasts in various districts in the state. Fast is considered as penance in every community but the Gujarat Chief Minister has made a cruel joke of it by wasting people`s money for self-propaganda. He has misguided the people of Gujarat with his false claims," Patel told reporters here.
The GPP chief also alleged that decks were cleared for the Nano project with ready land at Sanand near Ahmedabad only for promoting his cause, ignoring the local industry.
"The Modi government has not provided any aid to local industry but extended benefits to the tune of Rs 3,300 crore to the Tata company for bringing the Nano car project to Gujarat only for his propaganda," he said.
Flaying Modi for favouring a section of industrialists in the state, Patel said, "In Modi`s rule, the money has become centralised and only few industrialists are getting all the benefits but GPP does not believe in this and will work to boost local industry if voted to power."
The former Chief Minister also held Modi responsible for farmer suicides in Saurashtra region and said that ruling BJP`s faulty policies have led to distress in the state.
"When I was the CM, 1569.50 crore units of electricity was given for agriculture purposes but this supply has been shortened by Modi government to 1328.50 crore units," he said.
He said that his party`s mantra is "Har khet ko pani, har hath ko kam and har ghar me bijli" (water to every field, work for every hand and power supply to every house).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why