Modi calls tax evaders "Thief company"
Vapi: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Sunday called tax evaders as "thief company" and
dared the ruling Congress to bring back black money stashed
abroad if it really had the will to do so.
Modi said it seemed the Congress was not interested in
recovering illegal wealth and wondered what held it back.
"Advani Ji is only seeking repatriation of black money,
but only the Congress is getting the current. Why does the
Congress not want to bring back black money? Is it because it
belongs to them," the BJP leader asked.
In a dig at AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh for his
comments on black money and other issues, Modi said it would
be better if those in the habit of giving statements all day
came out and pledged support to the cause of bringing nation`s
Doubting that people in Congress had the guts to say they
would bring back black money, Modi said, "If they have the
courage, let the Congress leaders come out and commit this."
"Those who don`t want to bring back this illegal wealth
are the people to whom this wealth belongs," the Gujarat CM
said, stepping up his attack against Congress which has not
disclosed the names of people who hold bank accounts abroad.
The BJP has formally asked the Government to declare the
names of these account holders but it is yet to be done.
Modi described black money owners as "thief company" and
called upon the Government to expose them.
"Yeh jo chor company hai, inko nanga karna chahiye (this
band of thieves should be exposed)," Modi said, sharing the
stage with LK Advani whose Jana Chetna Yatra entered Gujarat
He went on to question Congress-led UPA`s intentions
behind its failure to recover black money from foreign banks.
"What is the problem in recovering nation`s wealth which
people have stashed abroad illegaly. It seems the Congress is
just not interested in bringing this money back. Kabhi lagta
hai dal mein kuchh kala hai. Ab lagta hai puri dal hi kaali
hai (At times it seems there`s something wrong in the system
and at others it seems the entire system is wrong.)" Modi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp