Modi calls tax evaders "Thief company"
Vapi: Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi on Sunday called tax evaders as "thief company" and
dared the ruling Congress to bring back black money stashed
abroad if it really had the will to do so.
Modi said it seemed the Congress was not interested in
recovering illegal wealth and wondered what held it back.
"Advani Ji is only seeking repatriation of black money,
but only the Congress is getting the current. Why does the
Congress not want to bring back black money? Is it because it
belongs to them," the BJP leader asked.
In a dig at AICC general secretary Digvijay Singh for his
comments on black money and other issues, Modi said it would
be better if those in the habit of giving statements all day
came out and pledged support to the cause of bringing nation`s
Doubting that people in Congress had the guts to say they
would bring back black money, Modi said, "If they have the
courage, let the Congress leaders come out and commit this."
"Those who don`t want to bring back this illegal wealth
are the people to whom this wealth belongs," the Gujarat CM
said, stepping up his attack against Congress which has not
disclosed the names of people who hold bank accounts abroad.
The BJP has formally asked the Government to declare the
names of these account holders but it is yet to be done.
Modi described black money owners as "thief company" and
called upon the Government to expose them.
"Yeh jo chor company hai, inko nanga karna chahiye (this
band of thieves should be exposed)," Modi said, sharing the
stage with LK Advani whose Jana Chetna Yatra entered Gujarat
He went on to question Congress-led UPA`s intentions
behind its failure to recover black money from foreign banks.
"What is the problem in recovering nation`s wealth which
people have stashed abroad illegaly. It seems the Congress is
just not interested in bringing this money back. Kabhi lagta
hai dal mein kuchh kala hai. Ab lagta hai puri dal hi kaali
hai (At times it seems there`s something wrong in the system
and at others it seems the entire system is wrong.)" Modi
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan