Modi contests polls on communal grounds: Vaghela
Rajkot: Targeting Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, state opposition leader Shankersinh Vaghela on Friday alleged that by raising communal issues during elections , he diverts the minds of Hindus` from developmental concerns.
"During earlier elections, Modi raised the issue of then Pakistan president Parvez Musharraf by calling him Mian Musharraf. While in 2012, he managed to divert Hindus` minds by calling Ahmad Patel as Ahmad Mian Patel and said that Congress was willing to make Ahmad Patel chief minister of Gujarat," Vaghela told reporters.
Vaghela was here to campaign for Gujarat assembly bypolls for Jetpur, Dhoraji and Limbdi constituencies and the Lok Sabha bypoll for Porbandar seat on June 2.
"In Gujarat, election is fought on communal basis where Chief Minister Narendra Modi diverts Hindus` mind and sidelines state`s development achievements," Vaghela said.
He alleged that Modi has no concern for people in scarcity-hit areas and therefore most of projects meant for scarcity-hit areas, remain on paper only.
"The Centre allocated around Rs 864 crore meant to be used for scarcity-hit areas in Saurashtra and Kutch, but the funds remain unused," Vaghela said.
Referring to the Nepali family self-immolation case where five family members committed suicide by setting themselves ablaze in Rajkot Municipal Corporation`s centralzone office last month, Vaghela alleged that the Gujarat government is trying to save political leaders involved in the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo