Modi created cult of crony capitalists: Congress
Ahemdabad: With less than a week to go before the Assembly Elections in Gujarat, the main opposition Congress on Monday made a blistering attack on the BJP government led by Chief Minister Narendra Modi.
Addressing a press briefing here, Union Information & Broadcasting Minister
Manish Tiwari said, “The Modi government has distracted people by presented false figures on the state’s development. If it is so then why Gujarat ranks eighth among Indian states in the Human Development Index.”
The Congress leader also asked why the state of education is deplorable in the rural Gujarat and why the health care sector is collapsing here.
The I&B Minister said, “I want to ask the Modi government to explain why there is a debt of Rs 22000 crore on the head of every Gujarati. Why Gujarat’s contribution in the national GDP growth has declined to fifth position, if it is the most progressive state in India.”
Tiwari made a blistering attack on the BJP government, saying, “The Modi government has only favoured a bunch of crony capitalists. In the past eleven years, Modi government has only created a cuklt of crony capitalists in the name of development.”
Tiwari further said that Modi and his loyalists are running a false propaganda to fool everyone and attract investors.
He also slammed the Modi government for not instituting the office of state’s Lokayukta in light of reports alleging scams worth over Rs 1lakh crore in 17 scams in the state.
Meanwhile, Congress president Sonia Gandhi is also likely to address an election rally at Patan district in north Gujarat today. She is expected to address two rallies in Sidhpur, north Gujarat and near Dakor in Kheda district. During her whirlwind tour of the state last week, Gandhi had sharpened her attack on Chief Minister Narendra Modi who is seeking a third consecutive term in office.
Rahul Gandhi is expected to campaign at Sanand, Jamnagar and Amreli in Gujarat this week.
Modi will be addressing rallies at 53 places simultaneously using 3-D holographic projection technology. Apart from that, he will also address six election rallies today.
On Sunday, the Prime Minister campaigned in Gujarat. Addressing a rally in Vansada, Dr Singh appealed to the voters of Gujarat to get rid of politicians indulging in divisive politics.
The Prime Minister said the public health sector was not in a good state in Gujarat and new employment opportunities for the youth were also not being generated.
Modi, however, rebutted Prime Minister’s charge and accused him of playing votebank politics.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad