Modi criticises Cong over vote bank politics
Bhachau: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Saturday hit out at the Congress accusing it of indulging in
vote bank politics and catering to some sections of society
while ignoring others.
"Some political parties just cater to the sections
which they perceive to be their vote bank and ignore others,"
Modi said, without taking the name of Congress party as he
observed a day-long fast under Sadhbhavna Mission in this town
of Kutch district.
"It is the misfortune of the country that after
Independence the poison of casteism and communalism has become
corner stone of our politics. Those leaders and parties who
are fanning division in the name of casteism and communalism
have remained at the helm of affairs," he said addressing
a gathering at the venue of his fast.
He said Gujarat has challenged this vote bank politics
in a unique way through the Sadbhavna Mission, showing the way
to change by giving the slogan of `development for all,
appeasement for none.`
"We have made the country realise that casteism,
communalism, regionalism can secure a chair (power) for few
but if the state and the country want to progress they have to
follow developmental politics," the Chief Minister said.
"For the last 10 years Gujarat has rejected vote bank
politics and adopted developmental politics. It is due to the
peace in the state that it has progressed. If other states
are to progress, they have to adopt this route", Modi
Modi his Sadhbhavna Mission has disturbed the sleep of
This was Modi`s sixth fast after he launched Sadbhavna
Mission in Ahmedabad on September 17 by holding a three-day
fast. He has subsequently observed one-day fasts in Dwarka,
Navsari Patan and Bodeli.
Congress leaders from these places had also organised
a parallel fast against Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM