Modi criticises Cong over vote bank politics
Bhachau: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Saturday hit out at the Congress accusing it of indulging in
vote bank politics and catering to some sections of society
while ignoring others.
"Some political parties just cater to the sections
which they perceive to be their vote bank and ignore others,"
Modi said, without taking the name of Congress party as he
observed a day-long fast under Sadhbhavna Mission in this town
of Kutch district.
"It is the misfortune of the country that after
Independence the poison of casteism and communalism has become
corner stone of our politics. Those leaders and parties who
are fanning division in the name of casteism and communalism
have remained at the helm of affairs," he said addressing
a gathering at the venue of his fast.
He said Gujarat has challenged this vote bank politics
in a unique way through the Sadbhavna Mission, showing the way
to change by giving the slogan of `development for all,
appeasement for none.`
"We have made the country realise that casteism,
communalism, regionalism can secure a chair (power) for few
but if the state and the country want to progress they have to
follow developmental politics," the Chief Minister said.
"For the last 10 years Gujarat has rejected vote bank
politics and adopted developmental politics. It is due to the
peace in the state that it has progressed. If other states
are to progress, they have to adopt this route", Modi
Modi his Sadhbhavna Mission has disturbed the sleep of
This was Modi`s sixth fast after he launched Sadbhavna
Mission in Ahmedabad on September 17 by holding a three-day
fast. He has subsequently observed one-day fasts in Dwarka,
Navsari Patan and Bodeli.
Congress leaders from these places had also organised
a parallel fast against Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?