Modi govt committing excesses on tribals: Medha
Bhopal: Narmada Bachao Andolan (NBA) leader
Medha Patkar on Monday trained her guns on Gujarat Chief Minister
Narendra Modi and slammed his government for "committing
excesses" on tribals, who have lost their lands to the Sardar
Sarovar Project (SSP) in the state.
"The Modi government, which has committed massacre
(Katleaam) of minorities is now committing excesses on the
tribals whose lands were submerged in SSP," Patkar told
"Some displaced tribal women of SSP had been raped but
there was no place where they can get their complaint
registered in Gujarat," she alleged.
Also, the Gujarat government has forcibly grabbed land of
tribals and has not compensated or rehabilitated them.
The Gujarat government was following the corporate model
of development and was not interested in the welfare of
masses, the SSP leader alleged when asked to comment over
Anna Hazare`s recent statement praising Modi`s developmental
"Hazare`s statement on Modi was unfortunate and
unacceptable," she said.
However, Patkar said she has immense respect for the
anti-graft crusader. "I will continue to support Hazare," she
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf