Modi govt tampered EVMs in Gujarat: Cong
New Delhi: Congress today alleged the
Narendra Modi-led BJP government in Gujarat tampered with
Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in local bodies elections
for in the state.
"Modi`s machine magic has been exposed. The Gujarat
Congress was raising questions about the machine magic of
Modi. The authorities should take note of the development in
the state," party spokesman Mohan Prakash said.
He claimed that during polling in one of the booths in
a village of Baroda district, only 44 votes were cast while
totalling the machine suggested that 110 votes had been
"The PCC in the state has brought it to the notice of the
authorities concerned in the state," Prakash said.
The spokesman alleged a control room was located in the
Chief Minister`s Office though it should have been in the
office of the Chief Electoral Officer.
He said that in the machine, if any button was pressed,
the vote went in favour of BJP.
Prakash sidestepped a question when asked whether the
party agreed with the views of BJP that EVMs could be tampered
"We have given evidence. BJP`s charges were without any
basis," he added.
The party also circulated a letter written by Girish
Parmar, General Secretary of Gujarat PCC, to the Chief
Election Commissioner, state Election Commission of the state.
The letter charged there was tampering of EVM by using
laptop and some technocrats along with laptops have been sent
BJP had put up impressive performance in municipal bodies
polls in Gujarat and panchayat elections in the state began
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you