Modi govt tampered EVMs in Gujarat: Cong
New Delhi: Congress today alleged the
Narendra Modi-led BJP government in Gujarat tampered with
Electronic Voting Machines (EVMs) in local bodies elections
for in the state.
"Modi`s machine magic has been exposed. The Gujarat
Congress was raising questions about the machine magic of
Modi. The authorities should take note of the development in
the state," party spokesman Mohan Prakash said.
He claimed that during polling in one of the booths in
a village of Baroda district, only 44 votes were cast while
totalling the machine suggested that 110 votes had been
"The PCC in the state has brought it to the notice of the
authorities concerned in the state," Prakash said.
The spokesman alleged a control room was located in the
Chief Minister`s Office though it should have been in the
office of the Chief Electoral Officer.
He said that in the machine, if any button was pressed,
the vote went in favour of BJP.
Prakash sidestepped a question when asked whether the
party agreed with the views of BJP that EVMs could be tampered
"We have given evidence. BJP`s charges were without any
basis," he added.
The party also circulated a letter written by Girish
Parmar, General Secretary of Gujarat PCC, to the Chief
Election Commissioner, state Election Commission of the state.
The letter charged there was tampering of EVM by using
laptop and some technocrats along with laptops have been sent
BJP had put up impressive performance in municipal bodies
polls in Gujarat and panchayat elections in the state began
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city