Modi has lost his balance: Anand Sharma
Ahmedabad: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma Wednesday lambasted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his comments on Rahul Gandhi saying that "he is rattled and has lost his balance".
"Comments were made for Rahul Gandhi that he should contest election from other country. Why? People of this country have elected him. These comments were uncalled for, and it shows that Modi is rattled and has lost his balance," Shamra said addressing reporters.
Modi, recently reacting to a Congress statement that Rahul Gandhi had a national stature while he was a state leader, had said that Rahul was an "international leader" who can also contest elections in Italy.
With the state elections approaching, calling names has become an order of the day in Gujarat.
"Rahul Gandhi has never said that he wanted to become Prime Minister of India. He has dedicated his work for the people, for the organisation. He is also a leader, who got elected with 3-4 lakhs margin," Sharma further said.
"If Modi has really lost his balance then this is a very serious matter, not only for Gujarat but for the whole country," Sharma said.
"I would love to give him one advice. If he thinks that his stature is so big, his ideology is great, then though I would not suggest him to go out of the country, as he would not even able to go to some nations, let him go to Uttar Pradesh or Bihar to contest the elections," Sharma said.
"Rahul Gandhi can contest elections in Gujarat and can win it also. But if he (Modi) dares to contest elections from Bihar then he should think on how Nitish Kumar will react," the minister quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security