Modi has lost his balance: Anand Sharma
Ahmedabad: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma Wednesday lambasted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his comments on Rahul Gandhi saying that "he is rattled and has lost his balance".
"Comments were made for Rahul Gandhi that he should contest election from other country. Why? People of this country have elected him. These comments were uncalled for, and it shows that Modi is rattled and has lost his balance," Shamra said addressing reporters.
Modi, recently reacting to a Congress statement that Rahul Gandhi had a national stature while he was a state leader, had said that Rahul was an "international leader" who can also contest elections in Italy.
With the state elections approaching, calling names has become an order of the day in Gujarat.
"Rahul Gandhi has never said that he wanted to become Prime Minister of India. He has dedicated his work for the people, for the organisation. He is also a leader, who got elected with 3-4 lakhs margin," Sharma further said.
"If Modi has really lost his balance then this is a very serious matter, not only for Gujarat but for the whole country," Sharma said.
"I would love to give him one advice. If he thinks that his stature is so big, his ideology is great, then though I would not suggest him to go out of the country, as he would not even able to go to some nations, let him go to Uttar Pradesh or Bihar to contest the elections," Sharma said.
"Rahul Gandhi can contest elections in Gujarat and can win it also. But if he (Modi) dares to contest elections from Bihar then he should think on how Nitish Kumar will react," the minister quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- DNA: Why no voice is being raised in favour of Kashmiri Pandits?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city