Modi has lost his balance: Anand Sharma
Ahmedabad: Union Minister for Commerce and Industry Anand Sharma Wednesday lambasted Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for his comments on Rahul Gandhi saying that "he is rattled and has lost his balance".
"Comments were made for Rahul Gandhi that he should contest election from other country. Why? People of this country have elected him. These comments were uncalled for, and it shows that Modi is rattled and has lost his balance," Shamra said addressing reporters.
Modi, recently reacting to a Congress statement that Rahul Gandhi had a national stature while he was a state leader, had said that Rahul was an "international leader" who can also contest elections in Italy.
With the state elections approaching, calling names has become an order of the day in Gujarat.
"Rahul Gandhi has never said that he wanted to become Prime Minister of India. He has dedicated his work for the people, for the organisation. He is also a leader, who got elected with 3-4 lakhs margin," Sharma further said.
"If Modi has really lost his balance then this is a very serious matter, not only for Gujarat but for the whole country," Sharma said.
"I would love to give him one advice. If he thinks that his stature is so big, his ideology is great, then though I would not suggest him to go out of the country, as he would not even able to go to some nations, let him go to Uttar Pradesh or Bihar to contest the elections," Sharma said.
"Rahul Gandhi can contest elections in Gujarat and can win it also. But if he (Modi) dares to contest elections from Bihar then he should think on how Nitish Kumar will react," the minister quipped.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune