`Modi has qualities of successful Army commander`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has all the qualities of a successful Army commander, said General Officer Commanding (GOC) Major General I S Singha of the Golden Katar Division here Monday.
He was speaking at the inauguration of three-day `Know
Your Army` exhibition organised by the Golden Katar Division
of the Army.
"Chief Minister Modi has all the qualities of a
successful Army commander. His programmes are aimed at
development of both the state and the nation," Singha said.
"Like in the Army, he (Modi) keeps deadline for
completion of work, and ensures that target is achieved by the
set time," he added.
Singha praised Modi and his government for the
developmental work in the state.
The Golden Katar GOC also sought land for ex-servicemen
"I would like to request the Chief Minister to provide
land to the Army for setting up housing welfare societies for
the ex-servicemen in Ahmedabad. Such schemes are available in
all other states," Singha said.
The inaugural ceremony saw brilliant performances of
Malkhamb, Lazium and Khukri dance by the Army personnel.
The Dare Devils gave a spell-binding performance with
stunts on motorcycles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city