`Modi has qualities of successful Army commander`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has all the qualities of a successful Army commander, said General Officer Commanding (GOC) Major General I S Singha of the Golden Katar Division here Monday.
He was speaking at the inauguration of three-day `Know
Your Army` exhibition organised by the Golden Katar Division
of the Army.
"Chief Minister Modi has all the qualities of a
successful Army commander. His programmes are aimed at
development of both the state and the nation," Singha said.
"Like in the Army, he (Modi) keeps deadline for
completion of work, and ensures that target is achieved by the
set time," he added.
Singha praised Modi and his government for the
developmental work in the state.
The Golden Katar GOC also sought land for ex-servicemen
"I would like to request the Chief Minister to provide
land to the Army for setting up housing welfare societies for
the ex-servicemen in Ahmedabad. Such schemes are available in
all other states," Singha said.
The inaugural ceremony saw brilliant performances of
Malkhamb, Lazium and Khukri dance by the Army personnel.
The Dare Devils gave a spell-binding performance with
stunts on motorcycles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- Crisis in Samajwadi Party: 'Helicopter kya tumhare baap ka hai?' - Why Shivpal Yadav asked this to a man in audience
- Akhilesh Yadav's big revelation - 'Amar Singh said something big will happen in October in Samajwadi Party'