`Modi has qualities of successful Army commander`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi has all the qualities of a successful Army commander, said General Officer Commanding (GOC) Major General I S Singha of the Golden Katar Division here Monday.
He was speaking at the inauguration of three-day `Know
Your Army` exhibition organised by the Golden Katar Division
of the Army.
"Chief Minister Modi has all the qualities of a
successful Army commander. His programmes are aimed at
development of both the state and the nation," Singha said.
"Like in the Army, he (Modi) keeps deadline for
completion of work, and ensures that target is achieved by the
set time," he added.
Singha praised Modi and his government for the
developmental work in the state.
The Golden Katar GOC also sought land for ex-servicemen
"I would like to request the Chief Minister to provide
land to the Army for setting up housing welfare societies for
the ex-servicemen in Ahmedabad. Such schemes are available in
all other states," Singha said.
The inaugural ceremony saw brilliant performances of
Malkhamb, Lazium and Khukri dance by the Army personnel.
The Dare Devils gave a spell-binding performance with
stunts on motorcycles.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores