Modi hasn`t shown `sadbhavana` to Pandya’s family
Ahmedabad: Jagruti, wife of slain BJP leader Haren Pandya, on Friday said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has not shown sadbhavna (good will) towards her family till date.
She said that she would be reminding Modi tomorrow when he begins his three-day sadbhavna fast that she was yet to get justice even eight years after her husband`s death.
"CM (Modi) has not shown sadbhavna towards Haren`s family," Jagruti said.
"I will garland Haren`s statue tomorrow at Nehrunagar and will go to meet Modi and remind him (about justice for Haren Pandya)," she added.
Pandya, who was a former minister of state for home in the BJP government and was once close to Narendra Modi, was shot dead on March 26, 2003 near Law Garden area of the city when he was out for a morning walk.
CBI which probed the case concluded that Pandya was murdered to avenge the 2002 communal riots.
Last month, Jagruti had made an appeal to veteran BJP leader LK Advani, whom she called `father figure` and Modi to help her get justice. She had also sought further investigation in her husband`s death.
Jagruti had said that she had lost patience and the High Court judgement proved that the real killers of Haren were roaming free while some other persons were put behind bars.
The Gujarat High Court on August 29, dropped charges of murder against 12 persons convicted for assassination of Haren Pandya, while upholding the charges of criminal conspiracy and terrorism under POTA against them awarded by the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal