Modi hasn`t shown `sadbhavana` to Pandya’s family
Ahmedabad: Jagruti, wife of slain BJP leader Haren Pandya, on Friday said that Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi has not shown sadbhavna (good will) towards her family till date.
She said that she would be reminding Modi tomorrow when he begins his three-day sadbhavna fast that she was yet to get justice even eight years after her husband`s death.
"CM (Modi) has not shown sadbhavna towards Haren`s family," Jagruti said.
"I will garland Haren`s statue tomorrow at Nehrunagar and will go to meet Modi and remind him (about justice for Haren Pandya)," she added.
Pandya, who was a former minister of state for home in the BJP government and was once close to Narendra Modi, was shot dead on March 26, 2003 near Law Garden area of the city when he was out for a morning walk.
CBI which probed the case concluded that Pandya was murdered to avenge the 2002 communal riots.
Last month, Jagruti had made an appeal to veteran BJP leader LK Advani, whom she called `father figure` and Modi to help her get justice. She had also sought further investigation in her husband`s death.
Jagruti had said that she had lost patience and the High Court judgement proved that the real killers of Haren were roaming free while some other persons were put behind bars.
The Gujarat High Court on August 29, dropped charges of murder against 12 persons convicted for assassination of Haren Pandya, while upholding the charges of criminal conspiracy and terrorism under POTA against them awarded by the trial court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- 120 Taliban, ISIS militants killed in wide-scale operations by Afghan army, cops
- China, Pakistan launch first joint border patrols near Xinjiang
- Mamta Kulkarni breaks silence to rebuff drug racket reports, says glamour does not tantalize her anymore
- India stands with Bangladesh in its fight against terrorism: PM Narendra Modi to Sheikh Hasina
- It's Marlon Samuels vs Virat Kohli: How two batting mainstays will decide the course of West Indies-India series