Modi holds fifth `Sadbhavna` fast in Bodeli
Bodeli (Gujarat): A Chinese company delegation, led by its managing director Leng Yong, on Friday paid a visit to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as he held a day-long `Sadbhavna` fast in the predominantly tribal Bodeli town of Vadodara district.
, a Chinese firm, attended Modi`s `Sadbhavna` fast.
Following Modi`s five-day visit to China earlier this
month, Chinese companies have started taking a keen interest
in Gujarat for investment. About Rs 50,000 crore of Chinese
investment is expected in the state. TBEA will be setting up a
Rs 2500 crore green-energy project in Karjan town of Vadodara
Addressing a public meeting at the end of his fast, in
which, around 6,000 persons took part, Modi warned a gang of
people and agencies trying to defame Gujarat and create
obstacles in the development of the state.
"We have experienced the strength of peace, harmony
and brotherhood, which has taken Gujarat to great heights.
This feat, which we have achieved today, needs to be
remembered," Modi said.
"For the last ten years (ever since he came to power
replacing Keshubhai Patel in October 2001), Gujarat has not
witnessed any agitation and I want to show how peace, harmony
and brotherhood could be achieved," he added.
He criticised the Congress-led UPA government for
adopting "discriminatory attitude" towards Gujarat.
"Despite water scarcity and Centre`s failure in supplying
adequate quantity of fertilisers to Gujarat, we have been
successful in achieving 11 per cent agriculture growth
and more than 12 per cent GDP growth while agriculture growth
achieved by the centre stood at 2.5 per cent," Modi said.
"The path of peace, brotherhood and harmony adopted by
the people of Gujarat had made this possible," Modi asserted,
saying, credit for the development of the state goes to its
people and not to an individual.
He made an appeal to leave behind cast-based
discrimination, "as it helps no one", he said.
He said `sadbhavna` (goodwill) has been a legacy of
Indian culture for thousand years.
Modi attributed the success of his 10 years in power
to the six crore people of the state and said that it was
their strength that Gujarat has carved out its place on the
world map. Modi also announced schemes worth Rs 225 crore for
five tribal talukas of Chhotaudepur, Sankheda, Pavijetpur,
Naswadi and Kawant in Baroda district on this occasion.
It will be spent for the construction of bridges and
implementation of water related projects and strengthening of
infrastructure facilities in these tribal-dominated talukas of
the district, Modi said
Congress leader Naran Rathwa, who was former union
minister of state for Railways, his son Sangramsinh and 18
Congress workers were detained by the police, when they held
demonstration opposing Modi`s `Sadbhavna` fast.
They dubbed Modi`s fast as a "drama and waste of
public funds for political purpose".
Former cabinet minister Nalin Bhatt and 15 workers
were also detained by the police, when they tried to protest
against Modi`s fast here. Bhatt said that it was politically
Both the protests, led by Rathwa and Bhatt, were
prevented, when they were marching towards Modi`s fast venue
with black band on their hands, protesting against their
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Kangana Ranaut steals the show!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly