Modi holds `Sadbhavna` fast in Patan in Gujarat
Patan: As part of his `Sadbhavna
Mission`, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Monday held a
one-day fast in this town of north Gujarat.
Modi, who came back on Saturday night after his five-day
long China tour, reached the town early this morning.
This was Modi`s fourth fast, after the three-day fast in
Ahmedabad in September, followed by the one-day fast in Dwarka
and Navsari each. Before beginning today`s fast, Modi also
observed an exhibition, held by the Information Department
showcasing the district`s development in the last decade.
The Congress also launched a parallel fast, under the
banner of "Sachi Sadbhawna" (True Sadbhavna) in the town,
observed by Patan Lok Sabha member Jagadish Thakore and other
Modi had announced fasts under the `Sadbhavna Mission`,
after the Supreme Court refused to pass any order in the
Gulburg Society case against him and 62 others and directed
the Special Investigation Team (SIT) to submit its final
report in the magistrate court.
Addressing the gathering at Hemchandracharya North
Gujarat University ground, where he held the fast, Modi said,
"We have to join the development-march of Gujarat together and
make it unparalleled, so that, coming generation should reap
the crop that we are sowing".
Modi stressed that "peace and unity" among all sections,
was necessary for the future development of state.
During his 45-minutes address, Modi avoided making any
"I want to send out a message of unity, harmony and
peace. Gujarat is a symbol of peace and unity and that is the
reason there is progress in the state," Modi said.
Modi criticised the Centre for its "step-motherly
treatment" to Gujarat, which, he said, was "wedded to
He attributed the "success of his 10 years in power" to
the six crore people of the state and said that they were its
"There are people, who are criticising the `Sadbhavna
Mission` undertaken by me. I have ignored all the dirt that
has been thrown at me for the last 10 years and have focused
on the development of Gujarat," he added.
A number of religious leaders, and people from all walks
of life greeted Modi through the day.
"Both the venues of BJP and Congress were fully packed
throughout the day," an eye-witness said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das