Modi holds `Sadbhavna` fast in Patan in Gujarat
Patan: As part of his `Sadbhavna
Mission`, Gujarat chief minister Narendra Modi on Monday held a
one-day fast in this town of north Gujarat.
Modi, who came back on Saturday night after his five-day
long China tour, reached the town early this morning.
This was Modi`s fourth fast, after the three-day fast in
Ahmedabad in September, followed by the one-day fast in Dwarka
and Navsari each. Before beginning today`s fast, Modi also
observed an exhibition, held by the Information Department
showcasing the district`s development in the last decade.
The Congress also launched a parallel fast, under the
banner of "Sachi Sadbhawna" (True Sadbhavna) in the town,
observed by Patan Lok Sabha member Jagadish Thakore and other
Modi had announced fasts under the `Sadbhavna Mission`,
after the Supreme Court refused to pass any order in the
Gulburg Society case against him and 62 others and directed
the Special Investigation Team (SIT) to submit its final
report in the magistrate court.
Addressing the gathering at Hemchandracharya North
Gujarat University ground, where he held the fast, Modi said,
"We have to join the development-march of Gujarat together and
make it unparalleled, so that, coming generation should reap
the crop that we are sowing".
Modi stressed that "peace and unity" among all sections,
was necessary for the future development of state.
During his 45-minutes address, Modi avoided making any
"I want to send out a message of unity, harmony and
peace. Gujarat is a symbol of peace and unity and that is the
reason there is progress in the state," Modi said.
Modi criticised the Centre for its "step-motherly
treatment" to Gujarat, which, he said, was "wedded to
He attributed the "success of his 10 years in power" to
the six crore people of the state and said that they were its
"There are people, who are criticising the `Sadbhavna
Mission` undertaken by me. I have ignored all the dirt that
has been thrown at me for the last 10 years and have focused
on the development of Gujarat," he added.
A number of religious leaders, and people from all walks
of life greeted Modi through the day.
"Both the venues of BJP and Congress were fully packed
throughout the day," an eye-witness said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi