Modi invited to attend European Parliament in Brussels, his blog says
Ahmedabad: After European Union ended over a decade-long boycott of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, lawmakers from the region have invited him to attend the European Parliament in Brussels in November, according to a post on his blog.
"The lawmakers invited Modi to attend the European Parliament in Brussels in November this year. The Parliament will be attended by representatives of over 27 nations. There is also an invitation to attend the European Business Meet in Brussels later this year," Modi`s blog said.
The Chief Minister yesterday had an online interaction with the European lawmakers who were attending the 10th corporate culture and spirituality India conference in Bangalore, according to the blog post.
The lawmakers appreciated Gujarat`s development and congratulated Modi for making the state vibrant.
According to the post, during the interaction, Modi highlighted various initiatives taken by the Gujarat government for environment protection. He told them that Gujarat is the first state in India and among the four states in the world to have a separate department on climate change.
Briefing the lawmakers about Gujarat`s advances in solar energy, Modi told them about Asia`s largest solar park in Charanka in Patan district and about state government`s roof-top solar policy.
The post also spoke of Gujarat`s work in other forms of renewable energy, including wind energy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- RBSE 12th Science & Commerce Board Result 2015 declared
- RBSE rajresults.nic.in & rajeduboard.nic.in 12th Results 2015: BSER Ajmer Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII Senior Secondary Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- rajresults.nic.in RBSE Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12th Science and Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared shortly