Modi invited to attend European Parliament in Brussels, his blog says
Ahmedabad: After European Union ended over a decade-long boycott of Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, lawmakers from the region have invited him to attend the European Parliament in Brussels in November, according to a post on his blog.
"The lawmakers invited Modi to attend the European Parliament in Brussels in November this year. The Parliament will be attended by representatives of over 27 nations. There is also an invitation to attend the European Business Meet in Brussels later this year," Modi`s blog said.
The Chief Minister yesterday had an online interaction with the European lawmakers who were attending the 10th corporate culture and spirituality India conference in Bangalore, according to the blog post.
The lawmakers appreciated Gujarat`s development and congratulated Modi for making the state vibrant.
According to the post, during the interaction, Modi highlighted various initiatives taken by the Gujarat government for environment protection. He told them that Gujarat is the first state in India and among the four states in the world to have a separate department on climate change.
Briefing the lawmakers about Gujarat`s advances in solar energy, Modi told them about Asia`s largest solar park in Charanka in Patan district and about state government`s roof-top solar policy.
The post also spoke of Gujarat`s work in other forms of renewable energy, including wind energy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'