Modi invites other states to Vibrant Gujarat Summit
Mumbai: After bagging sizeable investments
in the previous edition of `Vibrant Gujarat Summit’ and being
widely acclaimed for it, state`s Chief Minister Narendra Modi
Wednesday invited other states to its forthcoming edition in
January, as it will help them achieve economical growth.
"Our effort is to further widen the scope of the event.
This time we have invited Indian states as well as other
countries to make use of this platform," Modi said, speaking
at a road show here in the run-up to the event to be held in
January next year.
In the last edition in 2009, Gujarat had received
investment commitments of up to USD 240 billion and 47 odd
countries participated in it.
"Earlier, our focus had been for the benefit of Gujarat
(alone), but now we feel the event should help all our Indian
states... if any state wants to come and sign a MoU (memorandum
of understanding) with any company, we will be happy to
facilitate (through the event)," he said.
Similarly, Modi also invited Indian companies to use the
platform to network with other companies, sign agreements with
foreign firms. Companies from 80 countries have evinced an
interest in the summit this time around, he said.
Modi, however, added that Gujarat will continue being
the key theme for the event and enlisted a slew of advantages
like infrastructure, power surplus, robust agricultural growth
and water management, among others, that makes the state an
attractive investment destination.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof