`Modi kurtas` to push khadi marketing drive in Gujarat
Vadodara: In a bid to promote khadi as it commemorates Mahatma Gandhi`s birth anniversary, Gujarat government is launching an aggressive marketing drive which will see "Narendra Modi kurtas" as one of the main attractions in the ensemble, along with garments like khadi-denim jeans to attract the youth.
"This year, the main attraction is the introduction of a wide range of apparels, both for men and women, in new styles that include Narendra Modi kurtas and a special set for Navratri festival," Chairman of Gujarat State Khadi Gramodyog Board, Vadibhai Patel, said.
The marketing campaign begins tomorrow, the birth anniversary of Gandhiji.
Patel said that a special discount of 25 per cent would be given on khadi products manufactured in Gujarat while products from other states will have a 15 per cent discount.
"A special discount sale of khadi products will begin at khadi stores in Vadodara, Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Porbandar and other parts of the state," he said.
The products include readymade garments, bed-spreads, towels and village industry products like soaps, honey, etc.
"We are planning to open an outlet in tribal areas for making khadi popular among tribals and to generate employment for rural youth," Patel said.
On the khadi-denim combination ? first brought out in the mid 90s ? Patel said that the sartorial invention had become a rage among youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Check JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 declared on jac.nic.in
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda