`Modi kurtas` to push khadi marketing drive in Gujarat
Vadodara: In a bid to promote khadi as it commemorates Mahatma Gandhi`s birth anniversary, Gujarat government is launching an aggressive marketing drive which will see "Narendra Modi kurtas" as one of the main attractions in the ensemble, along with garments like khadi-denim jeans to attract the youth.
"This year, the main attraction is the introduction of a wide range of apparels, both for men and women, in new styles that include Narendra Modi kurtas and a special set for Navratri festival," Chairman of Gujarat State Khadi Gramodyog Board, Vadibhai Patel, said.
The marketing campaign begins tomorrow, the birth anniversary of Gandhiji.
Patel said that a special discount of 25 per cent would be given on khadi products manufactured in Gujarat while products from other states will have a 15 per cent discount.
"A special discount sale of khadi products will begin at khadi stores in Vadodara, Surat, Ahmedabad, Rajkot, Jamnagar, Porbandar and other parts of the state," he said.
The products include readymade garments, bed-spreads, towels and village industry products like soaps, honey, etc.
"We are planning to open an outlet in tribal areas for making khadi popular among tribals and to generate employment for rural youth," Patel said.
On the khadi-denim combination ? first brought out in the mid 90s ? Patel said that the sartorial invention had become a rage among youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?