Modi, Milkha Singh flag off night marathon in Surat
Ahmedabad: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and the legendary athlete Milkha Singh on Sunday flagged off `Night Marathon` in Surat city on Sunday evening.
"Surat gets the credit for pioneering the concept of night marathon in Gujarat," Modi said.
"The event has been organised to raise funds to install CCTV network in the city and to help cancer patients.... Your joining this marathon contributes to the social welfare," Modi said to the participants.
He said such events were needed for cultivating sense of togetherness in the modern society.
State minister Nanu Vanani, Surat`s Mayor Niranjan Zanzmera, police commissioner Rakesh Asthana and BJP MP from Navsari C R Patil were present on the occasion.
About 35,000 people participated in various categories in the Marathon.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed