Modi, Milkha Singh flag off night marathon in Surat
Ahmedabad: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate Narendra Modi and the legendary athlete Milkha Singh on Sunday flagged off `Night Marathon` in Surat city on Sunday evening.
"Surat gets the credit for pioneering the concept of night marathon in Gujarat," Modi said.
"The event has been organised to raise funds to install CCTV network in the city and to help cancer patients.... Your joining this marathon contributes to the social welfare," Modi said to the participants.
He said such events were needed for cultivating sense of togetherness in the modern society.
State minister Nanu Vanani, Surat`s Mayor Niranjan Zanzmera, police commissioner Rakesh Asthana and BJP MP from Navsari C R Patil were present on the occasion.
About 35,000 people participated in various categories in the Marathon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi