Modi must not talk on issues he has little knowledge: Khurshid
Surat: Slamming Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi for making comments on foreign policy, External Affairs Minister Salman Khurshid on Sunday said that Modi should not comment on issues about which he has little knowledge.
On being asked about recent remarks made by Modi about the Centre`s foreign policy, Khurshid criticised Modi, during an event here today.
"It would be better if he discusses areas where he deems himself to be successful. But, about areas where he has made no contribution and has limited knowledge, my advice to him is that he should not speak about such issues. He should let others work," Khurshid said, replying to reporters` queries.
Taking a dig at the Gujarat CM over United State`s denial of visa to him, Khurshid said that if anyone is not opening his (US) doors for him, then he should `ponder` over the reasons behind it.
Khurshid`s `advice` to the Gujarat Chief Minister came a day before his scheduled address to Indian diaspora across 18 US cities through video conferencing, as part of Gujarat Day celebrations.
"If anyone is not opening his (US) doors, then one should think a little whether there is any shortcoming in him or in the door," Khurshid told reporters.
"One should think first and reply later. This is also part of the foreign policy. The man who has been refused entry should feel let down first," Khurshid said, giving a piece of `advice` to Modi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- From Modi to Obama, know which smartphones are used by top world leaders
- Rajnath Singh told by JD(U): Nothing will happen with verbal warnings
- Euro 2016: After 4-0 rout vs Hungary, Eden Hazard can't wait for Wales in quarters
- After a decade in international cricket, patient Liam Plunkett proud of 50-wicket landmark
- Watch: ‘Sa Re Ga Ma Pa 2016’ RD Burman special- Asha Bhosle gets nostalgic