`Modi-Nitish face-off a fixed wrestling match`
Ahmedabad: Lok Janshakti Party President Ramvilas Paswan on Monday dubbed the face-off between Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and his Bihar counterpart Nitish Kumar "as a fixed match of wrestling" aimed at deflecting people`s attention from core issues.
"Nitish Kumar`s reservations on making Modi NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate is nothing but a political stunt. It is like a fixed match of wrestling (`mili kushti`) organised to deflect attention of people from core issues like secularism, social justice, development and corruption in Gujarat," Paswan said while talking to PTI here.
"The reservations of Nitish seem to be a meticulous move aimed at polarising minority votes in Gujarat so that majority Hindu votes could swung in Modi`s favour in the forthcoming Assembly polls," the former Union Minister said.
Gujarat election, scheduled to be held in December, would be the new arena for this face-off, Paswan, a former ally of BJP, said.
Modi recently took a dig at Nitish, who apparently disapproves of projecting the BJP stalwart as NDA`s Prime Ministerial candidate, saying nobody complains when political parties use Osama bin Laden lookalikes during poll campaigns in Bihar, but have problems if he takes out a rally.
Paswan-led LJP, whose base is mostly confined to JDU- BJP-ruled Bihar, has decided to field candidates in all the 182 Assembly seats, in Gujarat.
"We shall contest elections from all the 182 Assembly seats in the state," the Dalit leader said.
The party shall contest elections in Gujarat on planks of secularism, social justice, development and corruption, said Paswan, a political rival of Nitish.
"The minorities in Gujarat are living under fear. In more than 100 villages of the state, people from Scheduled Castes have been forced to move out," he alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- FSSAI testing more Maggi; brand ambassadors can be liable: Govt
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi