Modi offers Gujarat for R&D of military equipment
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Friday advocated more indigenous research and development
for the sake of armed forces and offered the state as a
"I would like to call upon defence scientists and experts
for more indigenous research and development of latest
defence equipment and technology for Indian armed forces,"
Modi said at a function in Changa, Anand.
He said Gujarat could be a platform for such research and
Modi presented `Vasvik awards` to 25 scientists at the
function. Awards have been instituted by Mumbai-based
Vividhlakshi Audyogk Sanshodhan Vikas Kendra (VASVIK) for
scientific and industrial research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users