Modi offers Gujarat for R&D of military equipment
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Friday advocated more indigenous research and development
for the sake of armed forces and offered the state as a
"I would like to call upon defence scientists and experts
for more indigenous research and development of latest
defence equipment and technology for Indian armed forces,"
Modi said at a function in Changa, Anand.
He said Gujarat could be a platform for such research and
Modi presented `Vasvik awards` to 25 scientists at the
function. Awards have been instituted by Mumbai-based
Vividhlakshi Audyogk Sanshodhan Vikas Kendra (VASVIK) for
scientific and industrial research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation