Modi offers Gujarat for R&D of military equipment
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra
Modi on Friday advocated more indigenous research and development
for the sake of armed forces and offered the state as a
"I would like to call upon defence scientists and experts
for more indigenous research and development of latest
defence equipment and technology for Indian armed forces,"
Modi said at a function in Changa, Anand.
He said Gujarat could be a platform for such research and
Modi presented `Vasvik awards` to 25 scientists at the
function. Awards have been instituted by Mumbai-based
Vividhlakshi Audyogk Sanshodhan Vikas Kendra (VASVIK) for
scientific and industrial research.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions