Modi performs `Shastra Puja` with police personnel
Ahmedabad: BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate and Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday performed `Shastra Puja` in the presence of police and security personnel.
Modi, like every year, after fasting for nine days, performed `Shastra Puja` (worship of weapons) at his home today on the occasion of Vijaya Dashmi, an official release said.
In the pictures released by the state information department, Modi was seen worshipping swords and guns.
"Greetings on Vijaya Dashmi. Joined "Shastra Puja" with our police and security personnel earlier today," Modi tweeted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list