Modi rues poor air connectivity to Surat
Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
on Wednesday said he has taken up the issue of poor air connectivity
to Surat to the Centre but to no avail.
"I have written to the Centre on many occasions for
better flight connectivity to the city of Surat. I told them
this highly industrial city has vast potential of development
due to diamond and other industries. But I do not know why
whenever they hear `G` of Gujarat, they get electric shock,"
he said at Gujarat Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion
Council function here.
Modi advised Gujarati entrepreneurs to buy diamond mines
abroad and create global brands.
Presenting awards to successful entrepreneurs at the
function, he regretted that domestic diamond industry has to
depend on other countries for raw materials.
Modi also emphasised on enhancing skills of diamond
cutters and polishers.
The Centre should formulate policies to encourage
entrepreneurship in the field of diamond trade, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees