Modi rues poor air connectivity to Surat
Surat: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi
on Wednesday said he has taken up the issue of poor air connectivity
to Surat to the Centre but to no avail.
"I have written to the Centre on many occasions for
better flight connectivity to the city of Surat. I told them
this highly industrial city has vast potential of development
due to diamond and other industries. But I do not know why
whenever they hear `G` of Gujarat, they get electric shock,"
he said at Gujarat Gem and Jewellery Export Promotion
Council function here.
Modi advised Gujarati entrepreneurs to buy diamond mines
abroad and create global brands.
Presenting awards to successful entrepreneurs at the
function, he regretted that domestic diamond industry has to
depend on other countries for raw materials.
Modi also emphasised on enhancing skills of diamond
cutters and polishers.
The Centre should formulate policies to encourage
entrepreneurship in the field of diamond trade, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Solapur Municipal Corporation, Congress bastion, wrested by BJP