Modi says Congress has `anti-Gujarat mindset`
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi Sunday launched an attack on the Congress, accusing it of having an "anti-Gujarat mindset" and opposing his developmental programmes.
Addressing a series of election meetings at Rajpipla, Jambusar and Dhandhuka, Modi said the Congress "for the last 12 years, has done only one thing - to use all sorts of abusive terms from the dictionary for Modi".
"The people of Gujarat will never accept the negative politics of the Congress," he said.
Taking a dig at the infighting in the Congress, the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) chief minister said: "How can those who cannot even win the trust of their workers win the trust of the people of Gujarat?"
The chief minister, who has been described by senior party colleague Sushma Swaraj as "fit" for the top job of prime minister, accused the Congress of opposing his programmes, including the Swarnim Gujarat celebration and obstructing construction of gates on the Sardar Sarovar Dam.
"The Congress has always shown an anti-Gujarat mindset."
In his tweets as well as in his speeches, Modi said the Congress has failed in Gujarat while it was in power and has also failed as an opposition party. "This will be the reason for their historic defeat in the election," he said.
Gujarat goes to assembly polls on Dec 13 and 17. The BJP chief minister is largely expected to win, which will make it his third consecutive win.
On Saturday, he tweeted: "Guj is the land of Sardar Patel! No force can overcome or buy us. If Congress dreams to do so, they are highly mistaken!
"Six crore Gujaratis are united against injustice of UPA & unanimous for development! We have worked not only for present but also for future!"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah