Modi should have long gone as CM: Keshubhai
Vadodara: Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel today said that party leadership, including Lal Krishna Advani, had assured him of removing Narendra Modi as chief minister of Gujarat in 2006 but instead allowed him to run the state even at the cost of the party ideology.
"During my meeting with veteran BJP leaders Lal Krishna Advani and Venkaiah Naidu held in Mumbai six years ago, they assured me of removing Modi from power within two months after I brought (to their notice) many instances of corruption against Modi and his dictatorial style of functioning," said the former chief minister who has of late on warpath with Modi in the election year.
"I do not know why BJP leadership, including Advani and Naidu, have allowed Modi to remain in power despite he is least cared of implementing BJP ideology and only built on his own image," Patel said.
The veteran BJP leader was speaking to reporters after addressing a convention on `Parivartan` (change) held under the banner of `Mahagujarat Janta Party` and `Dindayal Seva Sangarsh Samiti`, aimed at dislodging Modi from power in the state Assembly elections slated at the end of the year.
Slamming Modi, who embarked on a four-day official tour of Japan, Patel said the real purpose of the chief minister`s visit to that country is to make some domestic corporate entities more profitable.
"Why has he gone to Japan? He has gone there so as to ensure that various industrial houses in the state get benefited from investments," he said.
Sharpening his attack on Modi, the dissident leader said the chief minister was "misleading" people on developmental front by twisting reality.
"He (Modi) is a liar. He is claiming credit for the Central schemes and is patting his own back for development. Modi is fooling people since 2001 at the cost of the public exchequer," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- LTCG tax concession for under construction property
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic