Modi should have long gone as CM: Keshubhai
Vadodara: Dissident BJP leader Keshubhai Patel today said that party leadership, including Lal Krishna Advani, had assured him of removing Narendra Modi as chief minister of Gujarat in 2006 but instead allowed him to run the state even at the cost of the party ideology.
"During my meeting with veteran BJP leaders Lal Krishna Advani and Venkaiah Naidu held in Mumbai six years ago, they assured me of removing Modi from power within two months after I brought (to their notice) many instances of corruption against Modi and his dictatorial style of functioning," said the former chief minister who has of late on warpath with Modi in the election year.
"I do not know why BJP leadership, including Advani and Naidu, have allowed Modi to remain in power despite he is least cared of implementing BJP ideology and only built on his own image," Patel said.
The veteran BJP leader was speaking to reporters after addressing a convention on `Parivartan` (change) held under the banner of `Mahagujarat Janta Party` and `Dindayal Seva Sangarsh Samiti`, aimed at dislodging Modi from power in the state Assembly elections slated at the end of the year.
Slamming Modi, who embarked on a four-day official tour of Japan, Patel said the real purpose of the chief minister`s visit to that country is to make some domestic corporate entities more profitable.
"Why has he gone to Japan? He has gone there so as to ensure that various industrial houses in the state get benefited from investments," he said.
Sharpening his attack on Modi, the dissident leader said the chief minister was "misleading" people on developmental front by twisting reality.
"He (Modi) is a liar. He is claiming credit for the Central schemes and is patting his own back for development. Modi is fooling people since 2001 at the cost of the public exchequer," Patel added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections