Modi spent Rs 160 cr public funds on Sadbhavna fasts: Keshubhai Patel
Vadodara: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel has accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi of spending "taxpayers money" to the tune of Rs 160 crore during his last year`s Sadbhavna fasts.
"Modi wasted taxpayers money by spending an amount of Rs 160 crore to create his own image during the Sadbhavna fasts undertaken by him," Patel alleged during a public rally here last night.
"Modi also spent a huge amount on publicity by holding various types of festivals, fairs and summits across the state," Patel alleged.
"Now, time has come for the people of Gujarat to remove the Modi-led BJP government from power, which is spreading lies and false propaganda of development in the state," Patel accused.
He claimed that Gujarat had topped the list in terms of industrial development in the country during his term as the Chief Minister, which, he said had now slipped down to number five position.
Questioning Modi`s move of ordering 800 robots from Japan during his recent tour to that country to attract investment in the state, Patel claimed, "It would deprive the local youths of employment."
He also accused Modi of "relaxing rules" to enable corporate giants set up their industrial plants in the state.
During his speech, GPP general secretary Gordhan Zadafiya dared Modi to hold a public debate with him on corruption issues in the state. "Why did Modi ask Sonia Gandhi to debate instead of me?" Zadafiya asked.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach