Modi spent Rs 160 cr public funds on Sadbhavna fasts: Keshubhai Patel
Vadodara: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel has accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi of spending "taxpayers money" to the tune of Rs 160 crore during his last year`s Sadbhavna fasts.
"Modi wasted taxpayers money by spending an amount of Rs 160 crore to create his own image during the Sadbhavna fasts undertaken by him," Patel alleged during a public rally here last night.
"Modi also spent a huge amount on publicity by holding various types of festivals, fairs and summits across the state," Patel alleged.
"Now, time has come for the people of Gujarat to remove the Modi-led BJP government from power, which is spreading lies and false propaganda of development in the state," Patel accused.
He claimed that Gujarat had topped the list in terms of industrial development in the country during his term as the Chief Minister, which, he said had now slipped down to number five position.
Questioning Modi`s move of ordering 800 robots from Japan during his recent tour to that country to attract investment in the state, Patel claimed, "It would deprive the local youths of employment."
He also accused Modi of "relaxing rules" to enable corporate giants set up their industrial plants in the state.
During his speech, GPP general secretary Gordhan Zadafiya dared Modi to hold a public debate with him on corruption issues in the state. "Why did Modi ask Sonia Gandhi to debate instead of me?" Zadafiya asked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged