Modi spent Rs 160 cr public funds on Sadbhavna fasts: Keshubhai Patel
Vadodara: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel has accused Chief Minister Narendra Modi of spending "taxpayers money" to the tune of Rs 160 crore during his last year`s Sadbhavna fasts.
"Modi wasted taxpayers money by spending an amount of Rs 160 crore to create his own image during the Sadbhavna fasts undertaken by him," Patel alleged during a public rally here last night.
"Modi also spent a huge amount on publicity by holding various types of festivals, fairs and summits across the state," Patel alleged.
"Now, time has come for the people of Gujarat to remove the Modi-led BJP government from power, which is spreading lies and false propaganda of development in the state," Patel accused.
He claimed that Gujarat had topped the list in terms of industrial development in the country during his term as the Chief Minister, which, he said had now slipped down to number five position.
Questioning Modi`s move of ordering 800 robots from Japan during his recent tour to that country to attract investment in the state, Patel claimed, "It would deprive the local youths of employment."
He also accused Modi of "relaxing rules" to enable corporate giants set up their industrial plants in the state.
During his speech, GPP general secretary Gordhan Zadafiya dared Modi to hold a public debate with him on corruption issues in the state. "Why did Modi ask Sonia Gandhi to debate instead of me?" Zadafiya asked.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory