Modi takes a dig at Congress on development of UP
Ahmedabad: In a sarcastic attack on Congress
on the eve of the first phase of Uttar Pradesh polls, Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday sought to know whether the
Union government could ensure uninterrupted power supply even
in the high-profile constituencies of Amethi and Rai Bareilly.
"We provide 24-hour electricity to around 18000 villages
throughout the year. Even in the house of Prime Minister there
are power cuts. Can they (Centre) provide round-the-clock
electricity in Amethi or Rai Bareilly," Modi said in an
obvious reference to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi and
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who represent the Lok Sabha
"Gujarat Chief Minister and the state`s development are
discussed far-off in Uttar Pradesh polls too," he said.
Taking potshots at the Congress, Modi told a public
gathering at Bavla town here that paying "obeisance" to the
"supreme chair" was an integral part of the culture of
"In Congress, worshipping the chair assumes supreme
importance, while for us (BJP) public interest is the first
priority," the chief minister said.
Modi observed a day-long fast under his Sadbhavna
Accusing Congress of stoking communal fire during its
rule in Gujarat, Modi said, "BJP only celebrates festival of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued