Modi takes a dig at Congress on development of UP
Ahmedabad: In a sarcastic attack on Congress
on the eve of the first phase of Uttar Pradesh polls, Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday sought to know whether the
Union government could ensure uninterrupted power supply even
in the high-profile constituencies of Amethi and Rai Bareilly.
"We provide 24-hour electricity to around 18000 villages
throughout the year. Even in the house of Prime Minister there
are power cuts. Can they (Centre) provide round-the-clock
electricity in Amethi or Rai Bareilly," Modi said in an
obvious reference to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi and
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who represent the Lok Sabha
"Gujarat Chief Minister and the state`s development are
discussed far-off in Uttar Pradesh polls too," he said.
Taking potshots at the Congress, Modi told a public
gathering at Bavla town here that paying "obeisance" to the
"supreme chair" was an integral part of the culture of
"In Congress, worshipping the chair assumes supreme
importance, while for us (BJP) public interest is the first
priority," the chief minister said.
Modi observed a day-long fast under his Sadbhavna
Accusing Congress of stoking communal fire during its
rule in Gujarat, Modi said, "BJP only celebrates festival of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie