Modi takes a dig at Congress on development of UP
Ahmedabad: In a sarcastic attack on Congress
on the eve of the first phase of Uttar Pradesh polls, Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday sought to know whether the
Union government could ensure uninterrupted power supply even
in the high-profile constituencies of Amethi and Rai Bareilly.
"We provide 24-hour electricity to around 18000 villages
throughout the year. Even in the house of Prime Minister there
are power cuts. Can they (Centre) provide round-the-clock
electricity in Amethi or Rai Bareilly," Modi said in an
obvious reference to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi and
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who represent the Lok Sabha
"Gujarat Chief Minister and the state`s development are
discussed far-off in Uttar Pradesh polls too," he said.
Taking potshots at the Congress, Modi told a public
gathering at Bavla town here that paying "obeisance" to the
"supreme chair" was an integral part of the culture of
"In Congress, worshipping the chair assumes supreme
importance, while for us (BJP) public interest is the first
priority," the chief minister said.
Modi observed a day-long fast under his Sadbhavna
Accusing Congress of stoking communal fire during its
rule in Gujarat, Modi said, "BJP only celebrates festival of
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed