Modi takes a dig at Congress on development of UP
Ahmedabad: In a sarcastic attack on Congress
on the eve of the first phase of Uttar Pradesh polls, Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday sought to know whether the
Union government could ensure uninterrupted power supply even
in the high-profile constituencies of Amethi and Rai Bareilly.
"We provide 24-hour electricity to around 18000 villages
throughout the year. Even in the house of Prime Minister there
are power cuts. Can they (Centre) provide round-the-clock
electricity in Amethi or Rai Bareilly," Modi said in an
obvious reference to AICC general secretary Rahul Gandhi and
Congress president Sonia Gandhi, who represent the Lok Sabha
"Gujarat Chief Minister and the state`s development are
discussed far-off in Uttar Pradesh polls too," he said.
Taking potshots at the Congress, Modi told a public
gathering at Bavla town here that paying "obeisance" to the
"supreme chair" was an integral part of the culture of
"In Congress, worshipping the chair assumes supreme
importance, while for us (BJP) public interest is the first
priority," the chief minister said.
Modi observed a day-long fast under his Sadbhavna
Accusing Congress of stoking communal fire during its
rule in Gujarat, Modi said, "BJP only celebrates festival of
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in