Modi takes potshots at "powerless" Centre
Ahmedabad: Massive power failure in Northern and Eastern India over the last two days has given ammunition to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to attack the Congress-led UPA Government at the Centre on Tuesday.
The BJP stalwart today took potshots at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the blackout which affected half of India.
"With poor economic management, UPA has emptied pockets of common man, kept stomachs hungry with inflation & today pushed them into darkness!," Modi wrote on twitter.
"Pradhan Mantri ji, 60 crore people & 19 states are in darkness. Country wants to know is there any coalition dharma you are following here too?," he tweeted, apparently making a reference to the Prime Minister often citing "coalition constraints" for slow decision-making process.
The Northern and Eastern Grids tripped today, leading to power failure in several states, affecting normal life there.
Power supply was disrupted in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, West Bengal, Assam and Punjab, among other states.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi
- IAF's mising AN-32 transporter: Satellites provide pointers, but no signs of aircraft yet
- Harsimrat writes to RS chairman for action on Jairam, Renuka
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs