Modi takes potshots at "powerless" Centre
Ahmedabad: Massive power failure in Northern and Eastern India over the last two days has given ammunition to Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi to attack the Congress-led UPA Government at the Centre on Tuesday.
The BJP stalwart today took potshots at Prime Minister Manmohan Singh over the blackout which affected half of India.
"With poor economic management, UPA has emptied pockets of common man, kept stomachs hungry with inflation & today pushed them into darkness!," Modi wrote on twitter.
"Pradhan Mantri ji, 60 crore people & 19 states are in darkness. Country wants to know is there any coalition dharma you are following here too?," he tweeted, apparently making a reference to the Prime Minister often citing "coalition constraints" for slow decision-making process.
The Northern and Eastern Grids tripped today, leading to power failure in several states, affecting normal life there.
Power supply was disrupted in Delhi, Uttar Pradesh, Haryana, West Bengal, Assam and Punjab, among other states.
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights?
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part II
- Why should religion become a basis to fight for women's rights? - Part III
- MUST WATCH: Amazing speech by BJP MP Navjot Singh Sidhu blasting Congress
- Sony swings to $1.4 bn annual profit as PlayStation sales soar
- Centre, CBSE propose NEET schedule; exam may be conducted in two phases
- North Korea's mid-range missile launch appears to have failed
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi may be summoned for questioning