Modi thanks Big B for placing Guj on tourism map
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed his "deep gratitude" to superstar Amitabh Bachchan for helping increase tourist inflow to the state as
the brand ambassador of the tourism department.
Modi met the Bollywood megastar in the city, where he
is shooting for the second phase of `Khushbu Gujarat Ki`, an
advertisements campaign to promote tourism in the state.
"I express my deep gratitude for your contribution to
bringing the state on the world tourism map without any
expectations from us," Modi told Bachchan.
"Due to your efforts, tourism sector in Gujarat is
developing at a very rapid rate," he said.
In the first phase of the ad campaign, Bachachan had
shot at various places, including the white Rann of Kutch, Gir
forest, which is known as the last abode of Asiatic lions and
at Mahatma Gandhi Ashram here.
In the second phase, he is shooting in Ahmedabad, Patan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"