Modi thanks Big B for placing Guj on tourism map
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed his "deep gratitude" to superstar Amitabh Bachchan for helping increase tourist inflow to the state as
the brand ambassador of the tourism department.
Modi met the Bollywood megastar in the city, where he
is shooting for the second phase of `Khushbu Gujarat Ki`, an
advertisements campaign to promote tourism in the state.
"I express my deep gratitude for your contribution to
bringing the state on the world tourism map without any
expectations from us," Modi told Bachchan.
"Due to your efforts, tourism sector in Gujarat is
developing at a very rapid rate," he said.
In the first phase of the ad campaign, Bachachan had
shot at various places, including the white Rann of Kutch, Gir
forest, which is known as the last abode of Asiatic lions and
at Mahatma Gandhi Ashram here.
In the second phase, he is shooting in Ahmedabad, Patan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video