Modi thanks Big B for placing Guj on tourism map
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed his "deep gratitude" to superstar Amitabh Bachchan for helping increase tourist inflow to the state as
the brand ambassador of the tourism department.
Modi met the Bollywood megastar in the city, where he
is shooting for the second phase of `Khushbu Gujarat Ki`, an
advertisements campaign to promote tourism in the state.
"I express my deep gratitude for your contribution to
bringing the state on the world tourism map without any
expectations from us," Modi told Bachchan.
"Due to your efforts, tourism sector in Gujarat is
developing at a very rapid rate," he said.
In the first phase of the ad campaign, Bachachan had
shot at various places, including the white Rann of Kutch, Gir
forest, which is known as the last abode of Asiatic lions and
at Mahatma Gandhi Ashram here.
In the second phase, he is shooting in Ahmedabad, Patan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened