Modi thanks Big B for placing Guj on tourism map
Ahmedabad: Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday expressed his "deep gratitude" to superstar Amitabh Bachchan for helping increase tourist inflow to the state as
the brand ambassador of the tourism department.
Modi met the Bollywood megastar in the city, where he
is shooting for the second phase of `Khushbu Gujarat Ki`, an
advertisements campaign to promote tourism in the state.
"I express my deep gratitude for your contribution to
bringing the state on the world tourism map without any
expectations from us," Modi told Bachchan.
"Due to your efforts, tourism sector in Gujarat is
developing at a very rapid rate," he said.
In the first phase of the ad campaign, Bachachan had
shot at various places, including the white Rann of Kutch, Gir
forest, which is known as the last abode of Asiatic lions and
at Mahatma Gandhi Ashram here.
In the second phase, he is shooting in Ahmedabad, Patan
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug