‘Modi`s comment on Twitter an insult to nation’
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comment on twitter about Assam and FDI was an "insult to the nation".
"Modi`s reported comment that the Prime Minister has redefined our democracy as `government of foreigners, by foreigners and for foreigners` is a great insult to the nation, particularly Assam," Gogoi said in a statement here.
He alleged that Modi had raked up the issue of infiltration with an eye on the Assembly elections in Gujarat.
"Will Modi reply what steps did the NDA Government initiate to prevent infiltration while they were in power at the Centre," Gogoi asked.
The BJP only raises the issue at the time of elections for narrow political gains and leave it in the lurch while in power, Gogoi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah