‘Modi`s comment on Twitter an insult to nation’
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comment on twitter about Assam and FDI was an "insult to the nation".
"Modi`s reported comment that the Prime Minister has redefined our democracy as `government of foreigners, by foreigners and for foreigners` is a great insult to the nation, particularly Assam," Gogoi said in a statement here.
He alleged that Modi had raked up the issue of infiltration with an eye on the Assembly elections in Gujarat.
"Will Modi reply what steps did the NDA Government initiate to prevent infiltration while they were in power at the Centre," Gogoi asked.
The BJP only raises the issue at the time of elections for narrow political gains and leave it in the lurch while in power, Gogoi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?