‘Modi`s comment on Twitter an insult to nation’
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comment on twitter about Assam and FDI was an "insult to the nation".
"Modi`s reported comment that the Prime Minister has redefined our democracy as `government of foreigners, by foreigners and for foreigners` is a great insult to the nation, particularly Assam," Gogoi said in a statement here.
He alleged that Modi had raked up the issue of infiltration with an eye on the Assembly elections in Gujarat.
"Will Modi reply what steps did the NDA Government initiate to prevent infiltration while they were in power at the Centre," Gogoi asked.
The BJP only raises the issue at the time of elections for narrow political gains and leave it in the lurch while in power, Gogoi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!