‘Modi`s comment on Twitter an insult to nation’
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Sunday said Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s comment on twitter about Assam and FDI was an "insult to the nation".
"Modi`s reported comment that the Prime Minister has redefined our democracy as `government of foreigners, by foreigners and for foreigners` is a great insult to the nation, particularly Assam," Gogoi said in a statement here.
He alleged that Modi had raked up the issue of infiltration with an eye on the Assembly elections in Gujarat.
"Will Modi reply what steps did the NDA Government initiate to prevent infiltration while they were in power at the Centre," Gogoi asked.
The BJP only raises the issue at the time of elections for narrow political gains and leave it in the lurch while in power, Gogoi claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Mario Goetze returns home: Germany's World Cup hero leaves Bayern Munich for Borussia Dortmund
- 43 civilians dead in bombardment of Syria rebel-held areas: Report
- Rain, traffic jam and kisses - This couple hogged the limelight on Delhi road: Watch
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Axe for Steven Finn, Jake Ball as hosts seek to level series
- MHA counters Delhi govt's claims on bureaucrats