Modi`s fast a political stunt: LJP
Somnath: LJP on Saturday termed Gujarat
Chief Minister Narendra Modi’s fast as a "political stunt and
drama" through which he was trying to project himself as a
LJP’s national president Ramvilas Paswan said Modi is
trying to improve his image as a national leader while aiming
for prime ministership.
"All these are political stunts and drama by Modi to
improve his candidature for prime ministership. While the
Supreme Court has transferred his case to a lower court in the
state, Modi is trying to project his so-called secular image
with these political gimmicks," Paswan said here.
On whether these measures could help Modi in his future
ambitions, he said, "To become a Prime Minister in this
country, one must have two important identities of secularism
and social justice. But these fasts will never help him gain a
national and secular stature.”
Paswan also targeted Congress leader Shankarsinh Vaghela,
who is also carrying out a similar fast as a protest against
the one by Modi, and said the party "lacks commitment to fight
"Congress has never done anything more than just talking
about Dalits and Muslims. If you are fighting against
communalism and for social justice, you need to be committed.
But Congress lacks that commitment," he said.
LJP is conducting a three day-long national cadre
training session for its members here to plan its future
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa