Modi`s fast for self-publicity: Tushar Gandhi
Mumbai: Criticising Narendra Modi`s fast,
Mahatma Gandhi`s great grandson Tushar Gandhi on Saturday said while
selflessness marked Bapu`s fast, Gujarat Chief Minister`s was
"There is only self-publicity and me, myself in this
fast," Tushar said.
"There is no repentance or any sign of remorse in the
fast. Modi said when people pelted him with stones, he used
that to create the ladder of development. But, in reality,
what he meant was he created a ladder to Delhi," he said.
Tushar also disapproved of the televised blessings Modi
sought from his mother before going to the fast venue.
"In Bapu`s times, there was a different connotation to
fast as a weapon.... now the trend is different. Bapu`s fast
was with a selfless objective," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical