Modi`s fast for self-publicity: Tushar Gandhi
Mumbai: Criticising Narendra Modi`s fast,
Mahatma Gandhi`s great grandson Tushar Gandhi on Saturday said while
selflessness marked Bapu`s fast, Gujarat Chief Minister`s was
"There is only self-publicity and me, myself in this
fast," Tushar said.
"There is no repentance or any sign of remorse in the
fast. Modi said when people pelted him with stones, he used
that to create the ladder of development. But, in reality,
what he meant was he created a ladder to Delhi," he said.
Tushar also disapproved of the televised blessings Modi
sought from his mother before going to the fast venue.
"In Bapu`s times, there was a different connotation to
fast as a weapon.... now the trend is different. Bapu`s fast
was with a selfless objective," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’