Modi`s fast for self-publicity: Tushar Gandhi
Mumbai: Criticising Narendra Modi`s fast,
Mahatma Gandhi`s great grandson Tushar Gandhi on Saturday said while
selflessness marked Bapu`s fast, Gujarat Chief Minister`s was
"There is only self-publicity and me, myself in this
fast," Tushar said.
"There is no repentance or any sign of remorse in the
fast. Modi said when people pelted him with stones, he used
that to create the ladder of development. But, in reality,
what he meant was he created a ladder to Delhi," he said.
Tushar also disapproved of the televised blessings Modi
sought from his mother before going to the fast venue.
"In Bapu`s times, there was a different connotation to
fast as a weapon.... now the trend is different. Bapu`s fast
was with a selfless objective," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic