Modi`s fast for self-publicity: Tushar Gandhi
Mumbai: Criticising Narendra Modi`s fast,
Mahatma Gandhi`s great grandson Tushar Gandhi on Saturday said while
selflessness marked Bapu`s fast, Gujarat Chief Minister`s was
"There is only self-publicity and me, myself in this
fast," Tushar said.
"There is no repentance or any sign of remorse in the
fast. Modi said when people pelted him with stones, he used
that to create the ladder of development. But, in reality,
what he meant was he created a ladder to Delhi," he said.
Tushar also disapproved of the televised blessings Modi
sought from his mother before going to the fast venue.
"In Bapu`s times, there was a different connotation to
fast as a weapon.... now the trend is different. Bapu`s fast
was with a selfless objective," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'