Modi`s fast just a drama: All India Ulema Board
Mumbai: Dubbing the three-day fast of the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a "drama", the All India Ulema Board on Monday said that the minority community was
not any better off in the state.
"The five-star fast by Narendra Modi is a drama and there is no right motive behind it...it is not for any good cause," Maulana Bunai Noaim Hasani told reporters here.
Condition of Muslims had not improved in Gujarat in the past few years, and they were living as "refugees", he said.
The fast raised suspicions about the motive, he said.
He said the people should be wary of the politicians who resort to stunts such as this.
Jamiat-e-Ulema president Abdul Salaam Khan Qasmi said both Congress and Modi both were fooling the people.
"People are being fooled by the Congress and Narendra Modi. But people know their records," he said.
"If Modi regrets the 2002 riots in Gujarat, then he should visit the victims homes and shed some crocodile tears," Qasmi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations