Modi`s fast just a drama: All India Ulema Board
Mumbai: Dubbing the three-day fast of the Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi as a "drama", the All India Ulema Board on Monday said that the minority community was
not any better off in the state.
"The five-star fast by Narendra Modi is a drama and there is no right motive behind it...it is not for any good cause," Maulana Bunai Noaim Hasani told reporters here.
Condition of Muslims had not improved in Gujarat in the past few years, and they were living as "refugees", he said.
The fast raised suspicions about the motive, he said.
He said the people should be wary of the politicians who resort to stunts such as this.
Jamiat-e-Ulema president Abdul Salaam Khan Qasmi said both Congress and Modi both were fooling the people.
"People are being fooled by the Congress and Narendra Modi. But people know their records," he said.
"If Modi regrets the 2002 riots in Gujarat, then he should visit the victims homes and shed some crocodile tears," Qasmi said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics