Modi`s governance deprived Gujarat of development: Keshubhai
Rajkot: Gujarat Parivartan Party (GPP) president Keshubhai Patel on Saturday alleged that Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s "style of functioning" has hampered state`s progress.
"Modi has derailed Gujarat from the track of development while other states in the country are taking lead in various fields like health, investment and saving of girl child," the former BJP patriarch said while addressing the public gathering at Race Course ground here.
The rally was a show of strength by GPP on Keshubhai`s home turf on the day when the notification for the first phase of Assembly polls scheduled December 13 was issued.
"People of the state became tired of Modi`s false claims as he has done nothing but misguided people," Patel said, adding the time has come to throw Modi out of power.
Patel said Modi has ignored Saurashtra and due to his "anti-farmer" policies a number of farmers of this region had committed suicide.
"Corruption and crime rates have gone up and local industry is being ignored" Patel said.
He said the GPP will offer relief in petro-products rates and reduce VAT if voted to power in polls.
Criticising Modi who will tomorrow address people of four cities Ahmedabad, Vadodara, Surat and Rajkot through 3-D technology, his former aide Gordhan Zadaphia alleged that the contract for the programme was given to a US-based company and nearly Rs 520 crore which were collected through BJP`s "Dhan-Daan" drive would be spent on the event.
The Dhan Daan, or Dhan Sangrah, was launched by BJP early this year to collect funds for the party activities. The drive had come under Election Commission (EC) lens following complaints from political parties, including Congress.
On the occasion Sameer Shah, who is president of Saurashtra Oil Mills Association (SOMA) and Rajkot Chamber of Commerce and Industry (RCCI) joined GPP alongwith Saurashtra Kutch Stock Exchange president VP Vaishnav.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Yuvraj Singh: Onus on Sunrisers Hyderabad's all-rounder to guide Warner & Co to IPL final vs RCB
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping