Modi`s twitter accounts in regional languages including Urdu
Ahmedabad: Aiming for a nationwide connect, BJP`s election campaign committee chairman Narendra Modi now has Twitter accounts in almost all major regional languages including Urdu.
Modi now has accounts in languages like Hindi, Urdu, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Oria, Tamil and Bangla apart from English.
His nine tweets in Urdu have drawn 152 followers, while 421 are following him on his Marathi account. With these additions, Modi is trying to reach out to people in key states of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
"We are reaching out to people in regional languages as well now. Urdu language has large following in Uttar Pradesh," a member of BJP`s communication cell said.
"Now Modi`s tweets will be available in all main languages of the country. His tweets will be simultaneously released in all the languages," he added.
Modi is known for effective use of social media and has a large fan following in the country online.
The chief minister has been stressing on the effective use of social media in various meetings in the run up to elections.
Modi`s Twitter account in English has 2,691 tweets with over 20,04,650 followers.
Interestingly, his website narendramodi.In is also available in Sankrit and Hindi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'