Monsoon to cover Guj within two days: Met dept
Ahmedabad: Monsoon has officially set in some parts of Gujarat and will cover the entire state in two days, Met department said on Monday.
"Monsoon has advanced up to Ahmedabad. Within two days, the entire state will be covered," Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) regional director Jayant Sarkar said.
Some parts of South Gujarat and Saurashtra had received scattered rainfall over the past few days but with Ahmedabad receiving showers today, monsoon has "officially set in".
"An upper air cyclonic circulation has enveloped Gujarat and neighbouring North-Eastern Arabian Sea which will result in good rainfall in the state," he said.
There could be heavy/very heavy rainfall at isolated places and fishermen are advised not to venture in the sea in the next 24 hours, Met department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why