Monsoon to cover Guj within two days: Met dept
Ahmedabad: Monsoon has officially set in some parts of Gujarat and will cover the entire state in two days, Met department said on Monday.
"Monsoon has advanced up to Ahmedabad. Within two days, the entire state will be covered," Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) regional director Jayant Sarkar said.
Some parts of South Gujarat and Saurashtra had received scattered rainfall over the past few days but with Ahmedabad receiving showers today, monsoon has "officially set in".
"An upper air cyclonic circulation has enveloped Gujarat and neighbouring North-Eastern Arabian Sea which will result in good rainfall in the state," he said.
There could be heavy/very heavy rainfall at isolated places and fishermen are advised not to venture in the sea in the next 24 hours, Met department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement