Monsoon to cover Guj within two days: Met dept
Ahmedabad: Monsoon has officially set in some parts of Gujarat and will cover the entire state in two days, Met department said on Monday.
"Monsoon has advanced up to Ahmedabad. Within two days, the entire state will be covered," Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) regional director Jayant Sarkar said.
Some parts of South Gujarat and Saurashtra had received scattered rainfall over the past few days but with Ahmedabad receiving showers today, monsoon has "officially set in".
"An upper air cyclonic circulation has enveloped Gujarat and neighbouring North-Eastern Arabian Sea which will result in good rainfall in the state," he said.
There could be heavy/very heavy rainfall at isolated places and fishermen are advised not to venture in the sea in the next 24 hours, Met department said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi