Mukesh Ambani`s lavish praise for Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani today praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying it was due to his efforts that the state has been put on the world map.
"Narendrabhai Modi has made India and Indians proud by putting Gujarat on the global map," he said at the convocation of Pandit Dindayal Petroleum University (PDPU) here. Modi was also present on the occasion.
"Gujarat is blessed to have an inspiring leader like you. The impact of your leadership has been felt on all-round development of the state. And the development in sectors, including agriculture, education and energy, is unparalleled and the world has taken note of this," said Ambani, who is also the Chairman of PDPU.
Addressing the students, the industrialist said, “I view the energy industry as a fulcrum around which the world business order is built. The energy is a real need for society and individuals. Energy for transportation, light and cooking is the basic right to every human being in the world.”
"The energy consumption in the world is projected to increase to 17 billion tonnes of crude oil equivalent by 2030 and India and China would account for one third of global energy consumption. India needs to increase its energy infrastructure six times the current level to meet the demand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites