Mukesh Ambani`s lavish praise for Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani today praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying it was due to his efforts that the state has been put on the world map.
"Narendrabhai Modi has made India and Indians proud by putting Gujarat on the global map," he said at the convocation of Pandit Dindayal Petroleum University (PDPU) here. Modi was also present on the occasion.
"Gujarat is blessed to have an inspiring leader like you. The impact of your leadership has been felt on all-round development of the state. And the development in sectors, including agriculture, education and energy, is unparalleled and the world has taken note of this," said Ambani, who is also the Chairman of PDPU.
Addressing the students, the industrialist said, “I view the energy industry as a fulcrum around which the world business order is built. The energy is a real need for society and individuals. Energy for transportation, light and cooking is the basic right to every human being in the world.”
"The energy consumption in the world is projected to increase to 17 billion tonnes of crude oil equivalent by 2030 and India and China would account for one third of global energy consumption. India needs to increase its energy infrastructure six times the current level to meet the demand," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi