Mukesh Ambani`s lavish praise for Narendra Modi
Ahmedabad: Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani today praised Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi, saying it was due to his efforts that the state has been put on the world map.
"Narendrabhai Modi has made India and Indians proud by putting Gujarat on the global map," he said at the convocation of Pandit Dindayal Petroleum University (PDPU) here. Modi was also present on the occasion.
"Gujarat is blessed to have an inspiring leader like you. The impact of your leadership has been felt on all-round development of the state. And the development in sectors, including agriculture, education and energy, is unparalleled and the world has taken note of this," said Ambani, who is also the Chairman of PDPU.
Addressing the students, the industrialist said, “I view the energy industry as a fulcrum around which the world business order is built. The energy is a real need for society and individuals. Energy for transportation, light and cooking is the basic right to every human being in the world.”
"The energy consumption in the world is projected to increase to 17 billion tonnes of crude oil equivalent by 2030 and India and China would account for one third of global energy consumption. India needs to increase its energy infrastructure six times the current level to meet the demand," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list