Mysterious explosions: Guj govt sets up tents
Vadodara: The Gujarat government has asked
Porbandar district officials to set up 100 tents in Advana
village after locals decided to stay outdoors for the past
20-odd days due to "mysterious explosions."
District incharge Vinay Vyasa said he went to the village
to take stock of the situation yesterday and that he has
intructed officials to set up hundred tents there.
The cause of the explosion is not known yet. It sounded
like earthquake or it could even be a bomb blast, he said.
R Odedara, principal of a primary school in the village
said, "Children have to sit under the trees in the compound of
the school for the ongoing terminal examination. People from
the village have been sleeping in open due to these mysterious
explosions as fear has gripped them."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional