Nanavati panel misled High Court: Sanjiv Bhatt
Ahmedabad: Suspended IPS officer Sanjiv Bhatt has alleged that the lawyer appearing on behalf of the Justice Nanavati commission, which is probing the 2002 Gujarat riots, misled the High Court.
"The senior advocate appearing for this commission deliberately misled the High Court by submitting that its (court`s) order of October 14, 2013 was not communicated to the commission," Bhatt has said in a letter to secretary of the Nanavati commission.
Bhatt referred to the order of the High Court in October last year, when the state had assured it to provide all the confidential documents related to riots period to him.
Bhatt alleged that the Commission is aware of the High Court orders.
"Necessary and appropriate measures may be taken to clarify the misrepresentation made by this Commission before the High Court of Gujarat on June 19, 2014," Bhatt said in the letter written on June 23.
On June 17, the commission had moved the HC with revision plea against the court`s order allowing Bhatt to inspect the intelligence records.
Two days later, HC disposed of the Commission`s petition.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE STREAMING: West Indies vs India, 1st Test, Day 2
- ISRO to launch weather satellite next month
- WATCH: Mohammad Amir dismisses England's Alex Hales with an absolute peach of a delivery
- In Indonesia, eat sumptuous food served in a commode literally! – Must Watch
- Unbelievable! This son of a billionaire works as aam aadmi